Hehe… I’m “IT” Is this like Sardines in a Can where we all squish in together? Thank goodness I had an example to follow because I was a bit confused as first!
My friend Andrea tagged me... (man, she really learned to run in just a few days! ;) I've always wanted to be tagged; I feel loved! Sorry still can't really figure out links (sad, sad me huh!)
What were you doing 10 years ago?
Hmmmm…. April 1998? I had just graduated High School in 1997 and decided to move around and travel a bit. I was a young girl just running about enjoying new found freedom with absolutely no direction to my journey... yet! I hadn’t started dating my husband yet (Oct. 1998), which is a funny story because I met him prior to this on a blind date with his best friend! Haha At that time, he moved to Australia for a couple years and when he got back, we started dating. Actually on the blind date all I thought was… ohhh he’s cute! I’ll date him when he moves back! Funny thing is, he drove that night and was an absolutely insane driver and I remember screaming at him from the back seat that I will never marry a man who drives like this! HA… I ended up marrying THAT exact insane driver! Luckily he gave up his crazy driving (at least while I’m in the car). Maybe driving on the wrong side of the road in AU beat some sense into him. He also had the car hit by a kangaroo or 2 and thousands of toads.
5 Things on your to-do list for today:
1. Get all 3 children ready for church in one hour flat
2. Sunday family dinner at my in-laws home and hubby’s siblings (eventful)
3. Actually have a day off with my husband! Movies, Hot Tamales,Ice cream, and kids are sleeping! WooHOO
4. Play tag and draw with the children
5. Squeeze my love handles
5 Things that you would do if you were a Billionaire:
1. Create a self-sufficient income so that we can renew it indefinitely
2. Travel to every country in the world and definitely help rebuild any place in need. Help grow jobs and farms so they can be self-sufficient, healthy and no longer hungry.
3. Pay off all of my siblings houses, etc., buy them new cars and actually set up a formal family reunion since the 10 of us have a hard time being in one place at one time. Set up trust funds for all extended family (as well as our own of course)
4. Revamp the entire U.S. foster care system and lobby for changes in education/ pay the teachers more than basketball players and entertainers (great teachers are priceless). Then we would have more teachers, brighter children, brighter futures. Make college free and part of the high school program.
5. Create more recreational activities that are free for youth so they can grow to be productive, happy members of society and have positive role models and a life plan for their future.
Name 3 of your bad habits:
1. If I hear a song or someone says a phrase that reminds me of a song, I sing it… even if it’s in the grocery store or Disneyland lines!
2. I’m a clean freak (which I have relinquished some control to the children by not looking at the clutter).
3. I have word vomit! My words spew out of my mouth as they are becoming thoughts! Thankfully I don’t think horrible thoughts… or I’d have a lot of black eyes!
List 5 jobs that you have had:
1. Babysitter to nieces, nephews, pets and helped mom at her daycare after school.
2. Summer job at my sister’s sports store in Sedona, AZ (so fun and I met people from all over the world).
3. Assistant to an executive assistant for an Engineering company (aka… “please do all my work so I can take half the day off everyday” job). hehe
4. Hostess and Waitress at Marie Calendar’s… oh yeah the pies are that good!
5. Most rewarding job ever: Momma!!!
List 5 books that you have recently read:
1. The Paper Dragon by Marguerite W. Davol (my favorite)
2. 20 Things Adoptive Kids Wish Their Adoptive Parents Knew
3. Naughty Parents (yes, it’s a children’s book… get your mind outta the gutter;)
4. Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood
5. Brothers by Yin and Chris Soenpiet (children’s book)
List 5 people you are going to tag:
I’m gonna sleep on this one!
Star Wars Costume Exhibit
1 week ago