Thursday, October 25, 2007

California Fires


Last night my husband came home late from work and finally started to fall asleep, when I began screaming in my sleep that the fires were all around us. He immediately leaped out of bed until he realized I was having a dream. I continued that the smoke was too thick and black; that I couldn't see and there was no way out. The roads were closed and how are we going to save the children. He decided it was time to wake me up. When he called my name, I didn't remember a thing and asked him if he was okay and then went back to sleep.

He laughed it off in the morning but that night he thought, "Dang it Wife! Stop watching so much of the fires on tv." I can't. I feel if I don't watch then I somehow disrespect those who are living it. I'm a Cali native and so many of my family and friends live there. This has been hard on me just thinking about and watching it from far away; I can't imagine what they are going through. We will be going to Disneyland this weekend so I guess I shouldn't look out the window or my husband is going to get 2 hotel rooms or some ear plugs.

My heart and prayers go out to all of those who have been affected by this and may our Heavenly Father comfort them. Stay Strong Cali!!

Oh and yes, the house is orange and had orange carpet and orange trees and ... is in Orange!

No comments: