Friday, July 25, 2008

Tangible Golden Ticket!


OH YEAH! I just got the 171h approval today! The children and I treked across town to the office and the security guard met me out front and handed it off! That's it... the last muy importante sustantivo. We have completed our dossier and it can finally begin translation into Chinese characters... which I can only read about 4 or five characters (I'm better at pretending to read Spanish)! So now I can relax for a bit knowing that all is right in paperwork world! Whew... we are counting our blessing right now for finally getting it all done. Just had to celebre por un momento. WOOHOO! Yeah so excited I came home on the freeway blasting the radio to the Backyardigans (clean music for the kiddies) and wearing my daughter's gigantic flowered headband in rush hour traffic (big pink petals off the top of my head). Had to celebrate and let other grumpy drivers get a feel for the celebration!

And for your entertainment: Here is another spot the hubby in Australia pic for you.

5 comments:

Cindy said...

WOO-HOO! That's awesome...what a relief! I imagine you were quite a sight driving across town with that thing on your head...haven't listened to the Backyardigans yet...we are on a Wiggles kick right now, with still a bit of Barney. Have a good weekend!

Cindy
http://adopttaiwan.wordpress.com

Monica said...

CONGRATS!!! So excited for you and have to share that we're at the SAME point in our adoption journey towards Kyrgyzstan! We got our I-171H on 7/24 and just got our dossier to Fedex today.
Email me if you care to follow along with our journey too.
Best wishes!!!
:)
Monica

Steve n Coco said...

Ooooo!! I love spot the hubby pics :)
By the way, good for you for celebrating-- way to show those other drivers how it's done, pink floral headband and all!! Congratulations!
Courtney

William's Family said...

Congratulations!!! What a big step forward!

Andrea said...

Happy Happy Day!
And you can totally 'pull-off' the headband.

xoxo,
A