Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Before I Forget

Blurry 4th of July pic with Auntie Rakel & Uncle Aaron. Milana liked the fireworks a bit too much and would have been burned had I not taken the car-seat out of the car and strapped her in over and over until she got the hint (she wouldn't hold still in my arms and I ran out of arm power), "Don't run in the street little missy!" She wasn't thrilled at first but earned freedom in the end and now is a champion stay on the curb girl!

This is what ten children look like. 6 neices and nephews and my four! There are ten, just one is hidden.
Milana thought "The Thing" was sooo funny!
Miss P got a new do! Kole's teacher! Milana is raiding Kole's bed while he's not looking. haha
Yeah... Mom just cut my hair and I don't have hair in my eyes anymore! Oh, someone asked if her hair is curly... well it was permed before we met her. We had to cut it off to make it healthy again... it had started to break off when we combed it.
First Dress Up Princess Day!
More of her hair cut (there are bangs but I pinned them back)
Hoooorrraaaayyyy! I'm being sneaky and climbing on Mom's eliptical... oh no, that's a camera, I'm caught!
This one is just funny. I found her in the play-room in this bucket. I carried it out to Dad with her in it! I had to get a picture!
Before I forget, I want to write about the moments that steal your heart and make giant crocodile tears well up in your eyes (thank goodness I don't have time to put on mascara). We've been working on a lot of family skills, basically 24/7 and it takes a lot of patience. I said a big prayer last night that Milana would start to really understand.

One of the things we've been working on is kitchen etiquette when Mom cooks... aka, get to your high-chair if you can't keep your hands off the stove or what I am cutting etc. So Milana can smell things a mile away (loves food beyond love). She saw me today starting lunch and instead of diving into full destruct the kitchen mode, she climbs on a chair and slyly looks at me. I can't resist and start ping-pong calling silly things. Instead of taking this as a green light to destroy.... she runs to me and says, "Please up". I lean down and give her a huge hug and tell her, "Mommy can't right now, mommy making food, cooking food, num-nums. Please Wait". Instead of huge tears, I get "ok mama" and she smiles and starts to walk away. Then she turns and runs back and clinches my leg and whispers, 'Momma is Awesome.!" Then she puckers up for a kiss.

Ok, tears is not the word. I full out sobbed. I've still been slightly crying for hours. That was the best gift ever.

Friday we go to the pediatric opthomologist... wish us luck. I'll be updating more. I'll back-track a bit but I'm finally getting a bit more of a handle on a routine. Whew. Much love, Sara

10 comments:

lorabelle said...

Hi Lovely,
First of all I can’t believe that they actually permed her hair Sara. I’m so sorry…
It was much cuter when I thought that they were just little pin up extensions for fun! The short hair is still adorable…
All of your children have beautiful hair. (My Clayton 8 ½ is pretty smitten of your oldest, by the way). If he sees that I'm checking out the blogs, he always asked if I'll go to yours so he can see the pics of your kiddos.

Secondly, please tell your bio children how proud I am of them for being patient and toughing this part of the adjustment period out.
This is the hardest part…They are being super sports and deserve a special night out big sibling celebration of their own.

Thirdly, I think you are probably one of the best moms in the world! Obviously your newest thinks so too! She’s picking up so much, so quickly.
I’m so happy that you found time to post and were able to share with us. Smiling through my tears…
Lora

Tisra said...

Can I just second everything that Lora said?! :-)

Sheesh- I hardly have the words.

I'm laugh/crying that she said you're awesome! Your kids have had an influence already, huh? :-)

Dorothy will be saying "dude", in her first few months because of big brothers- no doubt! Ha!

You handle it all with finesse- or so it seems. Know that I'm praying for those private, tearful, overwhelmed moments that must surely be there... it's only natural. You ARE awesome and doing so well!

Love,
Tisra

Sarah said...

I can't say anything better than Lora already said so eloquently... so I'll just tell you how proud I am of you and so happy that little "Stitch" is catching on so well. Your strength is amazing to me.

The Family K. said...

You ARE an awesome mom and it doesn't surprise me that Milana has picked up on it. And hello? How's that for quick language acquisition?

Thinkiing of you guys...

momwithfaithandhope said...

To Sara, the AWESOME Mom,

That is once incredible moment to cherish and share with us! I'm smiling for you! I can't believe they permed her hair! So those weren't clip-ons were they? (The earlier picture of curly piggies)

Gracyn, like Milana, LOVE, LOVES food, and LOVE, LOVED fireworks. Milan seems to be adjusting beautifully! Must be all those older siblings - kudos to them!!!

Good luck on the doctor's appt! Keep updating us on the transition.

BTW, her haircut is too cute!
Big Hugs,
Tiff (aka swaggering mama)

QingLu Mama said...

I am so glad you caught up on some pictures of the clan! Milana's hair cut is simply adorable...she sure is a cutie! And that bucket picture....now that is classic!
And I'm sure this huge adjustment is trying on all of you but it really shows how much all of you are doing to make it all come together. And obviously Milana feels the love that you all are giving her, both with you actual love, acceptance and emotional attachments and with your helping her to grasp what is expected of her in your family. Great job, and you will look back and say phew, we did it one day! It's amazing the grasp of language already too! She sounds like she is doing very well, thanks to all of your families hard work!
And thanks for your super kind words on my blog...you are too sweet! Momma is awesome!

Robin said...

I have been following your blog for a while and I just had to comment. I had tears in my eyes when she said "Momma is Awesone". You are all handing this adjusment so gracefully. It so, so wonderful to see everyone coming together bit by bit:)

www.ababygirlforus.blogspot.com

The family of six said...

That is so sweet! You deserve to hear those words and cherish them.

Steve n Coco said...

So glad to hear from you, you Awesome Momma! There must be an award for that...

I love the haircut, I LOVE the dress-up princess day (oh the fun I will soon have!), and you are obviously doing a great job. Keep up the good work, dear Sara.
Be blessed,
Courtney

Ruth said...

LOVE the pic in the bucket! Too cute. I've been quiet, but have been thinking of you & your family often since your return home. God gave Milana an awesome Momma & family - you are doing a great job & you are the perfect people for her. Thoughts & prayers for all of you as you continue through the transition.