Friday, June 4, 2010

Fun stuff

We just got back from Nika's podiatry appt and she no longer has ingrown toes! Yippee! No more pain.

Donnie and I celebrated our 11 yr anniversary & we got.... a new bed! Okay, everyone needs to get a Wynn Dream Bed... so not kidding. We both laid down on our backs and couldn't move... we both sleep on our sides but couldn't get ourselves to roll because it was so comfy. So my brave husband went first and said I had to try it because it was even better. I have slept so soundly the past couple nights; it's amazing. Oh and Happy Anniversary... I really do love you more than the bed. ;) You really are the only one who could ever understand me and actually enjoy it! I love you.

I still haven't gotten to our b-day posts. I have to do it soon, because I start college on Monday. I am going to start studying to become an Occupational Therapist! WOOHOO! I'm excited and so nervous about starting something for me. I did take my placement test for English and received the highest with ENG 101. I was so nervous that I'd have to start at the bottom because I haven't been in school for 13 yrs. I chickened out of the math one... so I can study more. I even bought Danica Mckellar's Math Doesn't Suck & Kiss My Math books... they are for middle school girls but I think I may have forgotten middle school math steps. oops.

Milana had a Urology appt & ultrasound and.... her kidneys are healing! Her hydronephrosis is lessening and we will do one more ultrasound in a year to make sure she continues to outgrow this. Her bladder size is going back to normal and this is excellent news. Her health is such a miracle and blessing.

Kole told me the other day, "Mom, I know what psycho kenesis is! It means you can move objects with your mind." Um, Kole, I don't even know how to spell pyscho kinesis... where did you learn that from?!@

Now, I need to run off again. =) ♥☻☺

8 comments:

lorabelle said...

Love the new picture up top of blog! You guys look so good and so happy... Sounds like everything is falling into place. Happy 11th Anniversary! Enjoy that bed!! LOL...
I can't believe you are going back to school. You are one brave Mama. I could never pull that off in a million years. Not with all the kids!
I think about you all the time!

momwithfaithandhope said...

Yay for you!!! You'll make a great OT!! Glad to see an update from you. I ditto Lora's comments - love the new family photo!

QingLu Mama said...

Such a great update post! I love the new wall photo! It sounds like all is going great with your family!
And Happy Anniversary! We just celebrated 9 yrs last week ourselves!
And WOW WOW WOW on college! Good for you...no - GREAT for you! Hearing about your life, I have a feeling you will be great in the role of an OT, you've got patience and compassion.
Good luck!
Jen

The Family K. said...

Sounds like so many good things have been going on in your household lately. Yay for Milana's healing! And yay for you going after your OT degree. Other than Mom of the Year and Grammy award-winning singer (yes, I still remember the day I heard you sing that song over the phone), I can't think of a more perfect job for you.

Steve n Coco said...

I know I haven't been here in forever, but I wanted to check in and it sounds like you're doing great!! Good for you, going back to school! That's a big step! Also glad to hear about Milana's health.

Be blessed,
Courtney

Annie said...

It seems as though everyone is doing well! So cool that you are studying! You Go!

Jeri said...

I haven't checked blogs in a long while. I can't believe how big Milana is now! Good for you going to school. I have friends that are OTs and they love what they do.
Jeri

Mike Thomas said...

I am writing to ask for your permission to include your posts on
AdoptionExperiences.com and include a link to your blog in our
directory. We would
include a link back to your blog fully crediting you for your work
along with a profile about you listed on AdoptionExperiences.com .
Please let us
know as soon as possible.

Mike@adoptionexperiences.com

Mike Thomas
Editor-in-Chief
AdoptionExperiences.com