Thursday, March 27, 2008

Habby .... haha

Okay, I couldn't change the post below about the birthdays! Habby is just too funny. I laughed so hard... probably harder than I should have. That is what happens when you add a tired momma to the pc when she is worried that her adoption is going to take 5 times longer than she originally planned. I had a meltdown today, feeling like doomsday or something. Feel much better after talking to my agency today as well as getting support from all the other waiting roller-coaster riders. Man... you feel like that song... whoaaaaa... here she comes, watch out or she'll chew you up, She's a man-eater. Does the wait make you appreciate things better? I wonder because I know I appreciate so many things a LOT more... number one... the patience and compassion of others for other parents-in-waiting! So hab a Habby Day! Love ya =0)

5 comments:

Tisra said...

Sara,

I know that my post contributed to your stress. Sorry. But, I'm sure that you were reassured that your wait estimate *included* the unexpected lack of girl referrals in Summer 2007. Right? Having made the wait list in April 2007, they had NO IDEA that would happen and *that* is what caused the adjusted timeline. I'm sure everything for you will happen just perfectly on time (be it yours, or HIS).

Happy Birthday month to your family. Whew. Go lay down, huh? :-)

Tisra

Andrea said...

I know how you feel, sista.
We shared the agency, once. Need I say more?!
It will happen. Maybe not when you thought, But it will happen.

Glad you are back. We missed you around here.

A

Precious Wonders and Little Monkeys said...

Oh goodness me... so did not realize that my wait "included" the extended wait time! I totally freaked out like a headless chicken for no real reason. Totally feel like a dork but at least it helped me appreciate the "short" wait I do have. haha I agree... maybe not when we thought, but it'll happen and won't that be the BEST! I'm too excited for my own good.

Sherry said...

Oh meltdown hoe honey:) LOL! I understand... the entire adoption process for me was one giant roller-coaster. Trust me though its worth every second of the ride. Now go enjoy some birthday cake. Hehehe!

Louanne said...

Hello Sara! Happy Birthday to your family - that's a lot of action in one month!

Glad you visited our blog while we were in China. And take a deep breath about the wait. I know it's hard, but you are not alone.

Louanne