Saturday, September 6, 2008

Still waiting for Contracts

Yep... I've been bawling. I felt if I didn't post... it wouldn't be true and it would all go away. There is a typo on my contracts that needs fixing. At first, I was told an answer would be given of what will happen on last Monday... now we have no idea when they'll get fixed or how long it'll take. I was waiting to update so I could tell about how our contract running adventures, but instead I know I have to eventually fess up and realize just how long this is going to take. I couldn't admit it to myself but I finally am... after receiving the referral on June 6, waiting a month for medical info, accepting on July 3, waiting 8 weeks for approval, and now we are waiting for half the contracts (the agency contracts already came but that's just a quick notarization needed type deal).... WE HAVE NO CHOICE... but to wait more to even get into courts... right now... nothing is happening except knowing Milana is growing everyday and we're missing it. ~Tear~ Oh and no update pictures yet either. =0(

First day of school


In other news: Nika went back to school and Kole has a few hours 4 times a week in preschool (about 2 weeks ago they started)... Jadyn is having the hardest time having them gone. Donnie switched to day shift so the kids and I get him home AT NIGHT! WOOHOO...that's one good thing. It has been such a blessing having him home each night (waking at 5:30 am... he's still feeling nothing but exhausted). I've noticed a huge difference in the children. Having him at home each night has made the late-night-get-the-kids-in-bed tango much smoother. Thank you Love for doing that for us!

Wrapping Milana's care package

This Hug Is Scrumptious!

For those of you who know, Tiff met her baby girl in Taiwan and Jackie and Tami are on their way. I hope that I didn't forget anyone. I've been having a little pity party and trying to keep a happy face for the children as well as no more nights to type and check on things. I now try to do it early before the children wake up. Sometimes works... sometimes doesn't. I wouldn't trade it though. Something about an adoption makes you slow everything in your life down which has been bliss with watching the children grow. The last 2 years has been so slow with the adoption, but so memorable with the kids. I've definitely LOVED that after effect.

Okay, I'm basically just numb right now... that things will never get rolling although that can't really be true (can it?). I'm just sad, frustrated, feeling helpless, and needing a big hug from those who understand how it hurts. I'm no picnic today... I'm sorry.

13 comments:

William's Family said...

I can't imagine your frustration and sadness. I know you just want to get your little girl home as soon as possible. If it helps, take heart that cases in the Tainan courts seem to have picked up speed over the last few months. Your case may well get caught up in some of the good momentum happening lately.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry. I know nothing I can say will make it better, make it faster, make it hurt less. I have been there and it is truly one of the hardest things having to wait for a precious child to come home.
I can only offer you my thoughts, prayers and hopes that things will come together soon.

KB said...

I'm having a big pity party for myself lately too....just want new pictures and want to hear some good news soon! Hang in there..our time will be soon!

Kristy
www.standingongodspromises.blogspot.com

Tisra said...

OH SARA!!!!!

I thought something must be up! I am terribly sorry and I know that horrible ache- the feeling that says "things will never move along". But that is a LIE. Don't believe it.

Milana is going to come home. Certain aspects may take longer than hoped (Lucy's mom, Jackie, can tell you all about that!) but the end result is that this little girl will be yours, and be in your family at the end.

The good news is that court time is a variable, too. What I mean is that you aren't *guaranteed* that it will take 4 months (or 6 months.. or whatever) to process once all the paperwork is in its rightful place. This front-end business may take longer, but your court time may be shorter- so the end result will be equal to those who experience a "normal" process.

And while you want her in your arms NOW, you haven't goofed anything up; it is out of your hands.

Milana is in good care, waiting for her FAMILY and has a number of people praying for her and for you!

Tamara said...

Sara,

I know your pain! We committed to our daughter in May, but had to wait until July to be formally approved and then wait for contracts to come after that. During that first wait, I could seriously barely function as we watched her grow older with no progress.

This waiting is so very hard and disappointing! I hope your wait is short and you can get her home soon!

Hugs to you,
Tamara

Ruth said...

Sara,

So sorry to hear about the delay - after such a long wait for approval it must be frustrating. We're thinking of you & hope the corrections get made quickly.

Ruth

BabyBain said...

I know there is nothing I can say to make the pain go away. We are praying and thinking about you.

Cindy said...

Oh Sara, consider this a cyber hug from me to you. I know it's frustrating. I will pray for you right now, that the contracts will be corrected and expedited. I know this part of the wait has got to be harder than the wait for a referral. I really hope things get moving for you!

Cindy
http://adopttaiwan.wordpress.com

Unknown said...

We also waited a long time for our contracts - we received our referral in Dec 2007 and did not get the baby contracts from Taiwan until March 2008 - we were waiting for the birth mother to sign them. We just got back from Taiwan 3 weeks ago with our daughter from St Lucy's - but I still have not forgotten that wait for the baby contracts - sure hope yours do not take that long. Susan H.

Sarah k said...

As I sit on the stoop next to you.. I hug you and say "hang in there with me sweetie, we too will travel someday".
You are such a sweet part of my life. I love you so much and hate that you have to have ANY pain in this process. As it has been said many times before and will be said many times again.. this process is NOT for the week hearted and that is why God chose us to be where we are hon. HE must believe that you and I are very capable of this weight.. maybe because we have eachother.. I don't know.. but I know that through this all I have gotten closer to you and for THAT I am grateful!
The kids are scrumptious as always love and I miss you all so very much. Tina talks about Cole often!!! We love you and I am here no matter what time of day or night!!!!

Our Family said...

Your kids are so cute. I am sorry about your long wait but your time will come and it will be soon. We didn't spend as much time as some but we spent 8 months staring at Samantha's face wondering why she wasn't home and then one day she was, and she's great! I hope you get the fast judge and from now on everything is quick and smooth!
Lori

Steve n Coco said...

Oh. Big hugs for you. I'm sorry this wait has been so tough and so LONG. You just let it all out!!

Also, huge congrats getting your hubby on days! I understand that late night solo tango TOO WELL. It wears on a person.

Be blessed,
Courtney

David and Janalee said...

Sara,
Sending you big hugs from Cali!

Here is my take on this and I hope it helps you- During our adoption we did a lot of waiting too. We were the first international adoption for Chung Yi and FFC's first adoption with Chung yi- we all learned as we went along. At one point we stalled in the courts for 6 weeks because something was not signed right- anyway...the point is this- I know that the stalls and the waiting were for a reason. Now that does not make it hurt any less for you, but stop to consider this for a moment, right now your sweet little baby girl's heart is being prepared for you to be her forever family and her foster family and perhaps her birthmother (don't know if she is in the picture or not)are preparing to let her go. Maybe the stall is to give her/them the time she/they needs to be able to come home with you. And at the same time that all of this is happening in Taiwan the wait makes room in your heart for the overwhelming love that swells in it the second you get to see her and touch her in real life and it also makes you appreciate her and her story that much more. I hope this makes sense, but know that it does and will happen.

Just a few days ago I was thinking about how during the adoption I loved my update pictures but hated them as well, it reminded me that time was not standing still and that she was growing up without me, now I send her pictures to her birthmother and my heart breaks into a million pieces for this wonderful woman becasue I know how she feels, she is watching her grow up in pictures, and so to me the few extra weeks that she had to visit Maya while she was still in Taiwan and we were stalled is so worth it. Even though I hated every single second of it I would not have it any other way.

Sorry about the novel, I hope things work out quickly.
Hugs,
Janalee
www.together--forever.blogspot.com