Thursday, September 25, 2008

After Shot



Okay the hair's been chopped. Getting an after picture was hard because I'm not photogenic (and hubby kept trying to have me not look at the camera and I couldnt' stop laughing). I was going for a Mila Kunis Hair thing (okay I'm no Mila Kunis but that's cool) although we added a bit of copper brown streaks. I really Love it and I MISS having short hair again. I love the blond too but I was a little blond-ed out... think straw. My husband is getting used to the stranger that used to be his wife. ha ha

I have to thank everyone who voted (& posted too) but a big thanks for compliments I didn't expect. I have a really hard time taking compliments well so I'm going to just say "Thank you so very much and it is very kind of you", instead of ... it's my parents DNA. I really like your suggestions and I figure I'll take some in the future as well. I did have that inverted bob about 10 years ago and that was a fun cut (It was cut by this Asian lady from New York and she was hilarious... she kept flipping my hair and with her NY accent saying, "Your hair; It's gotta move which your body"). That was my Junior year at high school cut. The short blond was actually not done that day but it was the Meg Ryan short choppy cut... also loved Dharma and Greg...

It was hard to decide on a final style so I decided to be scientific and found out which face shape I have (which it's still between oval and square) and found celebrities with the same face shape or possibly have similar looks (we tried Katie Holmes, Mila Kunis, Kirstin Dunst... her's is mostly round though). Then my hair dresser friend found colors to match my skin tones (I'm more in need of a golden hues).

Yup... what we women go through. Mentally exhausting. whew! What I was really tempted to do... was this inverted choppy bob with bright red and choppy blond streaks...but I had second thoughts about keeping it up! Too busy with monkeys.

11 comments:

Sarah said...

very pretty!!!! I do like! Looks very natural and I can see pretty carmel toned highlights. Hubba hubba!

Tisra said...

You're a knockout!!!! Wow.

The Family K. said...

Good choice! You look glamorous as usual. I'm thinking the dark color will also make you look more familiar to Milana when the day comes (hopefully soon!) for you to go get her.

Steve n Coco said...

I like, Sara! I like very much!!

Sarah k said...

Ok.. this works for you hon! I was right.. yes!! i am sorry I couldn't take your phone call today.I will try to call you tomorrow with details and such.. BUT I had to stop by and say that I love the hair! The dark is so good on you and the flip! Wow.. Your dna ain't half bad chicka! Now mine... we won't got there!!!!

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

Wow! It looks great :) I love it both ways! YOu know you have natural beauty when you look so pretty any way you fix your hair :) I agree that the darker will be familiar to Milana :) Noah still will stroke my blonde hair and just stair at it :) Least for the MOST part he has stopped pullin it :)

hugs
Tami
Noah's Mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

momwithfaithandhope said...

Absolutely stunning. Great cut, and rich color. You are ready to bring Miss Milana home! Hugs, Tiff

Sherry said...

Love it and looks totally healthy! Good choice hot mama! LOL!

Room for More said...

Absolutely stunning! Your eyes pop out and are shining! Great choice. IT compliments your face beautifully!

Shannon

Andrea said...

DAAAAAHLING! You are GORGEOUS!
You know I'm partial to the brunettes. :)

A

Louanne said...

I love the new do!! Fab!