Sunday, March 1, 2009

Birthdays Coming Soon & emotional release

Okay, so hang tight for the birthday zoo. Kole's birthday is this week and Jadyn and Donnie's is in the next two weeks. Nika and I were born on the same day in April and Milana's is at the end of April. Just thought I'd give you all a warning of birthday midnight madness. WOOOHOOOO!!! Very excited about all these birthdays... it's a blast. Pictures will follow. =0) Also can we freeze time for a minute... Kole is turning 5... a whole hand! And he figured out how to read! "Holey rusted metal, Batman! The ground. It's all metal. It's full of holes. You know, holey." What an amazing little boy I have!

Also 8 weeks until Milana's 2nd birthday... what do you think? Is it possible to make it? This morning I lay awake after Jadyn woke me up at 1am and I just sat crying silently in Milana's bed. I know it doesn't behoove me to be angry and sad, but I am and only at 1am when everyone else is asleep can I cry & pray & no one sees. I also know it doesn't behoove whomever is holding things up to be work-shy and yes I went there. I really just want to know now... is she going to be our's? Will she really come home? I really feel after 9 months that this is just part of my routine now that will never end. I am having the worst time being in limbo. I don't want to endure this anymore... I'm not giving up, I just need a release.

My thoughts are not kind, friendly, and light when I think about the journey at this point in time. I don't have a journal... this is the closest thing to it so even if it is sinful to be angry or sad, I know it's also sinful to lie and I'm very real baby! I am NO June Cleaver and I do hurt... oh and I can't really cook. ha ha At this point, I'll believe it when I see it.

I just had to get this out so that I can focus on happy thoughts for birthdays. My children do not deserve me being unhappy so my "journal" aka blog gets the brunt of the sadness. My children are a wonderful joy & gift and I'm glad that this journey has not turned me into the total pits, but I can tell you, I am a lot more fun when I'm not thinking about this all the time. I am so very grateful for my family, for my husband and my children and very blessed and fortunate to have them in my lives; I love them with every piece of my being. That is what is so hard and cruel right now... I know what I'm missing with Milana... I know what we're missing and it's hard to put it out of my head when every single giggle and family secret laughter reminds of the one who isn't there.

Why shouldn't I be allowed to discuss my feelings? I spend so much time reading to my children, books that speak about feelings and learning how to embrace them, so right now, I'm embracing mine. Anger Management is just that, management... not eradication. This (blogging) is how I'm managing mine so it doesn't become all-consuming. So if you all are wondering how I'm doing or holding up, I'm managing just fine, but that doesn't mean I'm not sad, angry, or depressed at times. So coming up, you'll see a lot of happy family moments... but don't think for a second that I have forgotten the one not in my home, but in my heart.

So this concludes the test of Sara's anger management... this was only a test. ;0) ha ha

13 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh Sara - I know it's frustrating and painful, not knowing when the courts will rule and how much longer it's going to be. I hope you can bring Milana home before her second birthday.

I don't know how I would do this adoption journey without the support of all my blogging buddies. My family and friends are supportive...but they don't quite understand the emotional roller coaster of adoption. I hope you will continue sharing your ups and downs on your blog...and venting when you need it. Hang in there...your sweet baby girl is coming home soon, I just know it!

Cindy
http://adopttaiwan.wordpress.com

Michele M said...

Sara my waiting buddy...

I so know how you feel. I am right there with you. I really feel exactly like you do. I just CANNOT take this any longer. It's unbearable, I'm unbearable. I can't even take myself at this point. Everyday feels worse than the day before. Okay...we are going to hear some good news real soon...I'm counting on it !!
HUGS

Sarah said...

let it all out, girlfriend. it's okay. you're got a circle of people around you that GET IT.

Lisa said...

I'm so glad that you can share, are willing to share and have a safe place to express your grief and anger.....especially with the knowledge that you are appreciated, respected, understood, loved and supported by those of us fortunate enough to share some small part of this journey with you.

My heart hurts for you and everyone still waiting.....I will be rejoicing with your family during these coming birthday weeks ( yay!) and I will be praying your sweet M comes home where she belongs SOON.

Hugs to you......

Andrea said...

right there with ya , Sister!
Sending you some cyber- LOVE!

xoxo,
A

The Family K. said...

Please tell Kole that he is amazing, reading at such a young age. Please also tell his mom that she's also amazing, hanging in there and holding it together for as long as she had. We're here for you if you need us.

Steve n Coco said...

Oh Sara. You're welcome to let it all out here, we'll still be here for you. I can't even begin to imagine how this whole thing is weighing you down-- how it would weigh anyone down!! You're doing a great job, I just think you should know that.

Unknown said...

I know I hardly comment anymore but hang in there. I know how hard this is and I know saying hang in there doesn't really help. But you have to somehow and it really helps to share what you feel. I hope you feel a bit better now.

lorabelle said...

So glad that you did this! What a good idea to let it out/get it out! I hope that this month is full of Birthday happiness and madness and your wishes all come true... We all really do understand Sara, so feel free to scream it out when ever you need to. Thinking of you
Lora

Sarah k said...

Hey honey.. I am one that has truly had a wait and I am right here with you. You can hang on me. YES you will get her. And YES she will come home. I don't know why this is happening to you.. to me but ya know.. God is in charge. These people will eventually rule in your favor then you will be traveling to get that sweet cheeked wonder chic! It's ok to be sad, it happens and it is normal. I think it is part of the wait and that is that. I wish you would have taken me up on my offer to call me. I was up when you were crying by yourself. DON'T DO THAT AGAIN!!!!! I love you and you shouldn't be alone crying! CALL ME NEXT TIME! You know I am by my phone and up late much!!!! Hang in there sweet Sara. It WILL happen!!!! Soon you will be shocked by the travel call and then in the midst of a whirlwind of getting ready to go..... you just wait!!!

Sarah k
Taiwankiddo2.blogspot.com
Taiwanindependentadoptionprizes.blogspot.com

Terry said...

Sara, Go on and vent-all of those in Blog world understand having been there too. We are waiting also, just earlier in the process, waiting on a referral. I can understand your feelings of frustration, almost like a tease, hanging such a precious gift in front you but yet still out of reach. Sometimes I think if I knew what the delay was over seas then maybe I could understand it a little better, but I don't have any answers either. If ever you need to yell, scream or type really hard on the keyboard, I would be here for you and totally understand. Enjoy your upcoming birthdays and be strong! Your daughter will come home to be with you~I really believe that!!!
This is the best way I can give you an 'internet hug' !!! :-)

momwithfaithandhope said...

Sara/Sofa. .. I know how hard it is, and how it feels like it will never end. You have every right to be frustrated, and blog about it - we're here for you! When we found about our travel dates, it was before Gracyn's birthday, but not in time, BUT, I was at peace. I told myself it was a good thing for her to celebrate with the foster family she knew and then we could celebrate when we got home. . .But, to answer your question, Yes, I think it is still possible for you to travel before Milan's 2nd birthday! (Which would also save on airfare!) We paid almost a roundtrip ticket fee for Gracyn to sit on my Dad's lap all the way home! Praying for good news for you, and HAPPY pre-BIRTHDAY WISHES all the way around!

Staci said...

To my fellow Mama in waiting...I understand! I have so many of the same feelings as you. I wish I could offer words of wisdom, but I don't have any at this point. Just know that I'm thinkin of ya!
Hugs,
staci