Sunday, March 29, 2009

Quick Tidbits & count down freeze

Alright we'll get to the count down freeze... one of which I can't really talk about yet, but we'll say it involves a certain judge requiring more paperchase from us and we'll see how it all pans out. My waiting friends, I will tell you as soon as I can and you will have time to make adjustments if necessary to your paperwork. I know, I'm talking in code, but I have to make sure I get through this adoption. So off to life now.

Our family hasn't gotten a break from the sick bug. Poor Nika went in today for an ear infection and a cold going a little bit into her lungs. Up all night with my little one, with a cold myself (which I'd take a thousand times over watching Nika cry in pain until the pain killer kicks in, just trying to make it to morning to go to urgent care). Jadyn and Kole seem to be hanging tough & I'm knocking on serious wood, but I think they passed this cold. Donnie is a different story. Oy.

But... good news ha ha... I actually have some! Nika has chosen to join our church and be baptized, very special. I have some pictures I'll post later from this weekend. Family came out for Nika's baptism and we got to hang out. It was 3 sisters, a brother, a few nieces and a brother in law. That's always fun. Luckily Nika's sickness didn't pop up until last night so she did get to enjoy the visit. I wasn't going to post pics with the family, but since I think one sister was making fun of my blogging and that the pics would show up here... hee hee now I think they are gonna! ;0) Love you chewie.

Nika's, Milana's and my birthday are still to come... hopefully Nika is well by then and nothing else sneaks in. Hopefully this last paperwork issue is the last paperwork issue. Hopefully, we'll be able to make it to vacation in Arizona to visit my family shortly with no problems. And hopefully all my friends are well out there in blogland and adoptionland, since I'm a bit overworked lately. Still hanging tough and hopefully I will have a fun & funny something to share soon.

10 comments:

The Family K. said...

Wow. Tough times for you and your family all around. I pray for good health for all of you and that the newest setback to the adoption will go the best-case-scenario route. Know that you're in my thoughts.

lorabelle said...

I hope that Nika is on the road to recovery soon! Poor thing...
Since you had to talk in code, I can only think that what ever is going on now is in the process of being worked out and you are okay with it. Hope you hear good news soon! Have a fun trip!

Steve n Coco said...

Oh man! You guys all deserve a break!! I'm so sorry that the sick bug is still rearing its ugly head.

Yay, Nika! For getting baptized!! We need all the help we can get on this side of the battle. Blessings to you for your whole life on earth.

As for the paperwork, wow. What do you say? I just pray that He continues to carry you through this one too. I'm praying for you.

Tisra said...

Whew, you've been through the wringer! Maybe the positive side is that all the sickness and birthdays is keeping you busy so you've got less idle time to miss Milana? Maybe? Other than that- I've got nothing!

I'm not in the Taiwan process anymore, so any court related stuff doesn't imapct me. But, for the sake of everyone else, I'd be curious to know what's going on. So, when you can stop talking in code, I'll be listening. :-)

Tisra
www.bdhq.net

Lisa said...

ah no....on several counts. I was so hoping to see movement for your case and I will be praying this latest issue is resolved SOON!! Sometimes even the roller coaster analogy doesn't quite sum it up....

Sorry too about the icky sicknesses....seems like you guys have had more than you fair share. :( Its so hard when your kiddos are sick....maybe only harder still, if Mama is sick too!

Hey, keep us posted as you can.....here for you and hoping for all good things!

HUGS Lisa

Sarah said...

(insert mama bear grrrrrr sound here)

Terry said...

WOW, OK, another hiccup. Let's be positive and go with this...the germs are working their way through now, so no one will be sick for their birthday or when your daughter comes home!! Keep counting and be strong. Whatever they need, it sounds like you have it addressed and we will hear good things soon!! Praying for good health and good news!!! :-)

Mel said...

Ugh, praying for you!!! This is really dragging out, isn't it?
Bless your heart,
mel

Michele M said...

Oh no....

Hoping all that sickness leaves your house for good!! Enough is enough, right? Actually that can be said for all those darn "road bumps" you are encountering!! They must stop. All I want to hear from here out is smooth sailing. You guys deserve it already.
Love ya, M

Sarah k said...

Hey hon.. I enjoyed our laugh early this morning..lol... Hang in there hon even if things are in the "crapper"... I am right there next to you in the stall by your side checking for answers and trying to figure out anything I can. We still have no info on our end either. Waiting waiting waiting. I wish my patience would get stronger but man! You and I will meet up in Taiwan! You watch. So, just get this done miss thang!! I love you and I am here anytime you need me. Keep looking up and thinking happy thoughts!!!

Sarah k.