Sunday, May 3, 2009

HaPpY BiRtHdAy to my littlest monkey!

Hi Milana... Happy Birthday sweetie. I hope you had a great day on your second birthday. It's great being two and I'm so very thankful we get to share that year with you soon. I can't wait to meet you and get to know that bubbly little personality I see glimpses of in your pictures. I'm excited to see and her your voice and laughter and to be there for your tears & tantrums. I can only imagine what adventures you will bring to our home. Your whole family is so very eager to celebrate your Homecoming soon. May you have sweet dreams and make a few more wonderful memories with your foster family. We love you. Love Mom, Dad, Nika, Kole and Jadyn & all the extended family you could ever ask for, who all love you dearly. =0)

A week ago was Milana's 2nd birthday. We sang her Happy Birthday and Nika made her a great card. We were going to have a little party but since we found out she'll be home soon, we'll have a low-key little sing-fest when she gets here (that won't be too much for her because we sing all the time & kinda party it up each day with the monkeys). So we will all get a little birthday fun coming along shortly.

Adoption news... well nothing so far. I know our agency is contacting SLC each day about travel dates for us so we will report when we have something. 14 days since first part of final.... good thing I was super busy these last two weeks because I think I would be losing my mind worse than I am now!

I am asking that people give me pointers on international travel. My husband has done it, but I have only gone to Canada which counts as international but very much feels like home at the same time... so I need ideas of any random thought that comes to mind that you would have liked to have known when you travelled.

EEEKEKKK! Are we almost there yet!? Get your spatulas ready to pry me off the ceiling!

5 comments:

Ruth said...

Happy Birthday, Milana!! Hoping & praying that you are home with your family soon soon soon!!

Steve n Coco said...

Happy Birthday, baby girl!!! I know it can't be easy to pass up yet another milestone, but what a party it will be when she makes her way home! You have my prayers for peace and speed and packing :)
Be blessed,
Courtney

The Family K. said...

Happy birthday, sweet Milana! This is going to be such an important year in your life. I pray that it is filled with joy, discovery, and lots of laughter.

momwithfaithandhope said...

Happy, Happy Birthday little monkey!!! Your family will celebrate for you while they wait for the BIG travel news. And not to worry, more party time when you get home sweet baby girl!

QingLu Mama said...

Oh Happy Happy Birthday to Milana! I cannot wait to see those first amazing photos of her home with the rest of her family SOON!!!
Jennifer