Sunday, June 14, 2009

5 AM Mon. Taiwan!

We're here! Everything I write will be in TW time, easier for me. We arrived last night and at our hotel around midnight. I can't speak highly enough about our EVA pilot. It was the absolute smoothest flight. Everything about it. We left an hour late because they were waiting for a couple passengers, so the pilot caught us up by about 30 min. Nice.

Now the LAS to LAX leg... we left 15 minutes late and arrived 10 minutes early.... for a cost. Pilot got adventurous and turbulent and was seriously zooming. Obviously, we're all good, but at least I know it wasn't just me who was nervous; the guy across from us had white knuckles from gripping the armrest!

Loved seeing the lights on the boats in the ocean as we came in at night to land. Airport was easy and laid out well. Very friendly immigration lady said, "Why are you coming here for vacation? Vegas is vacation enough!" Taxi's are easy to take and we were in a new car with leather. I swear it was a Toyota Camry... hubby said it was a Ford. We won't know because we forgot to look again before getting out. Drive spoke a little English (little). So far no crazy drivers as people have said. He obeyed all the rules and then some... way more then most Vegas drivers.

Hotel is great! I am very pleased and it even has a few nice surprises like a little individually wrapped loofah puff. When we arrived, the front desk woman looked at us incredulously and stuttered out, "You read Chinese?" Our papers we handed her for check in were all in Chinese. "No, but we do okay with computer." It would take to long to explain that reserving reservations online took two hours of copying a pasting into Babelfish!

Today, we explore! Can't wait to get out and wander. The only thing that is bummy the most is how much I miss my Nika, Kole, and Jadyn. You guys are taking mommy and daddy leaving like champs! I am so impressed with how well you adjusted. Thank you Uncle Aaron, Auntie Rakel, and Gran-mas for watching over them for us. Continue to have fun you silly kids and, yes, we really will bring home Milana for you.... and lots of hugs (Kole asked for two big hugs from Dad and then two big hugs from Mom).... we'll smoother you all with love and dogpiles soon. All our love, Mom and Dad.

Tip: Magic Jack is awesome! We brought a Magic Jack to call home with and it is great. It makes free calls to the U.S. and Canada and you plug it into the USB of your laptop.

Pictures to follow after we explore. Donnie...quit snoozing already, I'm all ready to hoof it .... there has to be stuff to do here at 5 am right!?

WE'RE FINALLY IN TAIWAN BABY! WE MADE IT! Tomorrow, at 7 p.m. your time Monday, we will be actually holding Milana.... whew... I'm in "labor" and it makes your head feel like you're on tilt a whirl. It's still very surreal ... until every now and then you get rushes of something taking your breathe away as you realize the gravity of it all. Mom and Dad are on their way to you, Milana. Many kisses and hugs await and so much more.

20 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yay Sara!!! So glad to hear you guys made it safe and sound to Taiwan!! Enjoy your time of exploring the city. 'Will be looking forward to picures (tho not as much as the ones of your precious Milana!).

We'll be checking in regularly to your blog and will continue to pray as you are joined with your precious daughter. It won't be long now... :-)

Blessings and Joy~
Jennifer

www.johnsonfamilyadoption2.blogspot.com

momwithfaithandhope said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH! I'm screamin' for you!! Glad you made it safe and sound, and tell Donnie it was most likely a Camry. There seemed to be a lot of those as cabs there if I remember correctly. Few Fords.

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait to see Miss Milana in her Mama's arms. Go sight see, go breathe it all in!!!

We'll be waiting on the edge of our seats for more.

Sarah said...

YAY!!!! FINALLY!!!! Let's get dis show on the road! So glad to hear you guys made it safe and sound with little trouble. Someone's trying to stick her head out the dog door. Gotta run!

The Family K. said...

Can you believe you're finally on the same island as your little girl? I don't know if you're going to get any sleep tonight. I'm rehearsing my steps for the happy dance I'm going to do for guys tomorrow.

Labor pains, hee hee... Now, whoooooo... breathe deep...

Tisra said...

Happy tears and many prayers for you, my friend. This is it!!!

Jen said...

Sara,
I'm so happy for you both! I'm practically in tears thinking about how soon you will have your beautiful baby girl in your arms! Have a blast in Taipei, it's such a great city!
Jen

lorabelle said...

You are really there! You will have her in your arms in no time!
I'm sitting here crying and smiling at the same time thinking about you...It's 9:30 AM for you right now and I am seriously having to refrain from calling you!
Enjoy touring around this afternoon and try, try to get a few good hours of sleep in! LOL
Good luck with that! L,Lora
PS, Tell your kids that we're all really proud of them too! It's hard to be separated from M & D, but it will be so worth it when they come back home with your baby sister.

Staci said...

Finally!!!! I can't believe your there!! So glad you had safe travels. Have fun hangin out in Taiwan. Can't wait to see with Milana!! Thinking of you guys.

Cindy said...

Woo-hoo! So exciting. . .hope you are enjoying your day sightseeing and I can't wait to hear all about your first meeting with your beautiful little Milana!

Cindy
http://adopttaiwan.wordpress.com

Ruth said...

So happy for you! Hope you enjoyed your day "on the town". Will be thinking of you tomorrow!

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

WOOOHOOO :) I am sooo excited for you :) I can't wait to see the princess in your arms :) I know yhou will have a hard time sleepin cuz it is so close and labor pains and all:)

hugs
Tami
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

Louanne said...

All I have to say is WOO HOO!!!

Unknown said...

This is awesome, so thrilled for you.

Expecting Good Things said...

YAY! Can't wait to see little Milana in your arms. A LONG AWAITED Moment that we've ALL been waiting to see. Can you believe you're finally in the same country as your daughter? Home stretch girl, home stretch.
Holli

Shirley H. said...

Let's hold our breathes! cant wait to see!

Kate Garvey-Cogan said...

Oh my gosh, I'm so glad I checked in. YAY!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to follow your journey!!!

Mel said...

wonderful - so excited for you - it's finally happening!!!
now enjoy exploring taiwan (wonderful place by the way) before you get to hold your precious child in just a few hours.
GOD is good.
blessings,
mel

Sarah k said...

Good good sweets! I am glad you are safely there. And you are right... sorry Don man! Toyotas are the cars there! so it was more than likely a camry!!! You owe the Sara something nice while you're there! lol... If you need me hon.. just let me know!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!
WOO HOO!!!!! Not long now!
Sarah k

QingLu Mama said...

Yayyyyyyyyy Sara!!!!!! I am so pumped for you guys! What a magical and amazing day today will be for you. Enjoy every minute and take as many photos as you can!

Michele M said...

okay, Im probably the last person to get to your blog but I'm shouting a big HOORAY....YOU MADE IT.