Monday, August 24, 2009

School Today and other things

Milana realizing the joy of making brownies for the first time!

Off to church! Tisra... those babies legs are awesome, especially during cold church!

Yard work with the kids.




Haha! Another cool bug we found that was super shiny green. This one is funny because Nika is scared of bugs and she is actually about 3 feet away. She pretended to eat it as I was snapping a shot.



Spiderman could only wish to be this cute!

Today is the first day of school for Nika and Kole. Kindergarten for my handsome man and 4th for my Nika buns. Whew... even though I'm very excited for them and every milestone they reach... it just means they are also growing up which of course kinda bums me out. Jadyn wants soooo badly to go to school, which is heart-wrenching for me because I want to yell... NO! Stay with me longer! New school this year so both kids have about the same nerves. Wish us well!

Quiet Strength: Milana was an inspiration this last week. She has been to doctor appointments about every Thursday since we arrived home. Urologists, Opthalmologists and Gasteroenterologists... oh my! Say that 3x fast running down the yellow brick road. Milana knew what was going on at the VCUG and ultrasound of her kidneys and I didn't know. She had gone through it quite a few times from what myself, her papers and the doctors and nurses could tell. They said that whatever they did in Taiwan to comfort her worked very well, because she did amazing.

I kept trying to stay calm and be her rock, and she gave these sad frowns that just melted my heart, but her eyes stayed locked on mine and she held me hand. She did everything I asked to stay calm.... breathe deeply, relax her legs when I said soft and rubbed them, sing twinkle twinkle little star, watch Spongebob on Gameboy. I am in awe and so inspired by this little girl. She had to have had this strength to make it through all she has, but I have never been a witness to it before. She did whimper and every now and then started to cry but she was such a trooper. Sad thing is, this was done many times and she never has had reflux which we didn't find out until the procedure was over. The doctor said, this never had to be repeated in Taiwan or here if we had been told she didn't have reflux. I had many emotions over that. I wept as we drove home. The nurse mentioned, "I am so glad that you two paired up." Unequivally YES! At home, Milana wanted extra cuddles and was sooo soo glad to see Nika, Kole, Jadyn, Daddy and Mom and our home. She kept asking about home and everyone during the procedure and especially on the way home. She forced herself to stay awake on the drive to make sure she went home. Wow... these children continue to amaze me everyday.

Well, have to run... I know I promised these posts but motherhood calls a lot louder and with fingers pressing the spacebar as I type a lot more often. ;0) I have gotten to read others posts and commenting is a luxury. I do have to say thank you for all the nice things that were said about me two posts ago. I couldn't be here as a mother without all of you as I read your posts and share our joys and sadness... as you all get me to strive to do well in life. So I am surely not Mother of the Year, without you all being ones too. I am inspired by your stories and every time I read, I get more ideas to share the fun of life with my kiddos. I don't do compliments well, but that one made me feel really happy so I'm not going to say "no I'm not" either! ha ha

8 comments:

momwithfaithandhope said...

The babies are all growing up!! It makes me sad to think of Peyton going to Kindergarten. . .

The kids all look GREAT, and you are one tough Mama taking that tree out girlfriend! LOL

So good to see a post from you. I have no idea how you even find time to keep up with blogging.

Take good care, and let's see a chocolatey Milana face! After all, she IS YOUR daughter!

QingLu Mama said...

Oh, my heart hurts for Milana! What a brave girl, and a brave Mama too! Isn't it wonderful though that her greatest source of comfort was home and her family!

And wow, two big first days! Hope the kids had wonderful days at school! They really do grow up way too fast!
Glad to read your post and see that life is going well for you!
The kiddos all look so adorable together!
Jennifer

The Family K. said...

Mmmmmmm....Ghirardelli brownies. I can smell them all the way across the country.

What an amazing little girl you have to endure all the procedures with such courage. She would have me floored, too.

I hope the kids' first day of school went spectacularly. Yep - there's bravery all around in your family.

Lisa said...

What a couragous and brave, sweet girl Milana is and you too Mama, cuz its hard to sit by and watch sometimes! :)

Like you, sometimes commenting these days is a luxury, but I'm trying! :) I usually mean to, and then get distracted; late at night commenting is hazardous as I usually leave typos! LOL

Wishing your kiddos a fabulous school start and I don't blame ya one bit for wanting to hold on to the little ones for as long as possible! L returns Thurs. and its full day this year.....gonna miss her so much and our beloved mornings of last year!
My best to you all.....hugs!!
Lisa

BabyBain said...

Love the yard pics! You can tell how great of a mom you are!

lorabelle said...

Hey Lady!
I haven't forgotten about you. It's been crazy here too. Poor baby girl. Milana is such a strong little gal. That just makes me sick that she had to endure procedure over and over. She sure looks like she's having fun now. Who wouldn't though! Everytime you post pics, I wish I was one of your kids too! LOL... Too much fun at your house, I love it!
We'll talk soon- typos included, I'm sure!

The family of six said...

I can't believe she went through all that so many times for no reason. That is so heartwrenching. The kids look great and I know that sad feeling of them growing to fast.

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

I loved all the pictures and all the news too! Praying for your baby girl and all those doc appointments and for all your school babies :) You are a great mom!

HUGS
Tami