Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Congratulations, Updates & Craziness





My sister Juleena had her baby girl!!! This is little Miss Vivian... sweet little sugary piece of heaven. She actually was born in April since I live out of her state, I had to wait for good photos and then life got crazy when they arrived. My sister understands so don't worry everyone! A family of 10 definitely doesn't get feathers ruffled easy! Anyways, she was a little bitty one under 6 pounds and absolutely adored by her family. My sister had her 3rd at home birth and needs some serious round of applause for that feat!!! Woohoo you go Auntie Ju! So congratulation to my sister, her husband and Stone and E'toile... Vivian is absolute doll... can't wait to hold her and smoother her with kisses! Oh and kiss those toes! And the Pandas... well they were just cute and I'm talking about babies and couldn't resist!

Alright, you want an adoption update... oh well going type it anyway (j/j). The golden ticket hasn't arrived yet but I'm not worried. I have been told once or twice that our timeline hasn't changed but I've still been a bit worried (for various unconfirmed craziness in my speculating mind). Today my friend with the same agency posted that she received similare news to mine that we should receive a referral next year between March and Sept. Mentally, I've tried to add another 6 months for the referral but that is hard to do! That means we are at month 9 with 9 to 15 months to go... WOW! That actually sounds cool.

I go in this Thursday for the shots/ they like to call it allergy testing... awh dang it... just call it pin-cushion therapy and get it over with. I can actually be thankful though. I was a bit concerned about megashots when I learned my neice had one hundred shots placed in her back when she was younger for allergy treatments. Suddenly 18 shots doesn't sound so bad. Yep 100 shots! That's just down-right torturous! I couldn't even go for the epidural with the birth of my children because I'm a little freaked out about big horse needles and possibly paralyzing medicine. I elected the natural pain. I have a high pain threshold but still don't like signing up for it!

On the kiddo front, we've been having a fun busy summer, been trying the potty training tango with Jadyn... keeping Kole and Nika busy with no school... went swimming and to a carnival at the mountains... etc. I've been doing a little "Life Spring Cleaning." Cleaning out any old projects that I'll never do... make firm commitments about just stuff (you know what I mean). I'm going to start running each morning while my husband sleeps in with the monkeys as I miss running. I used to run track and I love nature and terrain! 6 am is the only way to go here as the overnight temps are 85 at least! So hope anyone doesn't mind if I head off for a bit. I'll still check in on everyone but if you get a referral & I don't respond right away... I'll get there and I'll still be just as excited! Consider it a spontaneous labor and I didn't make it to the delivery room but came running up the stairs with ballons and flowers instead! Love to all. =0)

2 comments:

William's Family said...

Wow... sounds like a lot of good stuff is going on in your household. Kudos to you for making it more than halfway through the wait and for hitting the running trails. What an inspiration to me.

Louanne said...

She's super cute!