Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Do I bug you?


For those of us needing something to do, this picture is of the jungle in Brisbane, Australia; now find my husband somewhere in it!

haha! Have you ever had the feeling you bug your agency? I know it's probably not true (well mostly) but I send an email every once in awhile which doesn't always get a reply. I just always seem to conjure up these crazy questions that don't go away. Here I sit thinking about them everyday which I know isn't true for them, but yet it makes me feel slightly guilty when I do finally call or email.

Anyways, I'm so excited for Sarah W... She recieved their call for their little one in Taiwan. What a great day! I wish the best for you and a short court process!

One other news, I've lost my voice for about 6 months and sound like Marge Simpson (not an exageration either) and finally went to the doctor. I have fluid in my vocal chords (edit: just remembered the name: Reinke's Edema)! Neat huh? They stuck this camera up my nose and down my throat (sorry no picture on that one but you can look up some savory one's on the net) and said usually only smokers get this. I've never smoked and am never around second-hand smoke so the secondary cause is allergies. Ah, yes off to become a human pinata! Yippee! I will get 2 sets of shots (not sure how many but the number of 18 sticks in my head) and they will pump me full of allergens and find out what lovely critters I'm allergic too. Strangely, I'm not really very allergic or have many symptoms... I just magically lost my voice one day and it never returned. I used to sing semi-professionally (weddings, Christmases, funerals, etc.) and felt like I lost a piece of my soul not being able to sing (I am quite depressed about it) so off to the doc my stubborn behind went. So Viva Pinata!!!!

p.s. This is a picture of my hairless chinese-crested, ergh I mean shih-tzu. The doc said that I am more than likely allergic to dog dander... my bright idea; shave the dog! Close to being bic'd he is. On the bright side, everytime he does something a bit puppy naughty I can't stay mad too long because he looks so dang funny. Poor dog! Also funny is the tiny piece of hair I left on the end of his tail tickles his back and makes him attack it!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

You're a nut. Of course we bug them. They know our destiny before we do... they control the flow of information that we despirately want. Of course we bug them. That's okay, that's their job... to handle us bugging them. Sorry to hear about your voice! I've never heard of such a thing. Strange. At least you know what it is now. I've always wondered what my babydog would look like saved. Now I know, so she can keep her hair! :) My shih tzu has been just fine with my allergies. My big problem is cats and horses.

Cindy said...

I am the same way about our agency. I know they don't think of me nearly as often as I think about them. . .and whenever I get an email from them (even if it's just a generic group email) I am over the moon! I'm that much more excited when I actually get a response to an email I've sent them! At least now I know it's not just me. . .

Sorry to hear about your voice - hope it gets better soon!

Cindy
http://adopttaiwan.wordpress.com

Steve n Coco said...

It is so funny how we adoptive folk think alike sometimes! I say BUG AWAY!! That's my motto, anyway. I hope you're starting to feel better-- that's way too long to not be able to sing, I'd be right there with you.
Courtney
p.s. HA! I found him.

Ann said...

I found your hubby in the picture. Do I win a prize? :0)
I was the same way with our agency, still am. I make up questions to ask just so I felt they knew we were still here...still waiting. I did it so much my husband thought they would be so sick of me that they would fire us!!! Don't worry we all do it. Sorry about your voice, but can you milk it for some serious sympathy chores from your husband?

Sarah k said...

WOW!!!! Ya know, I love ya!!! lol. I hope your voice gets better hon. And the dog looks Mahvelous!!!