Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Haha! I've got a golden ticket!


This is how I roll!

Okay not really the golden ticket, but close enough. I received a letter in the mail last month to get our fingerprints done immediately for USCIS. We never received our fingerprint appointments and the response of the USCIS 1-800 line was... "they must have gotten lost in the mail!" haha That's funny.

Anyways, after calling 6 supervisors, one actually sounded like he knew the answer and said I can arrive with no appointment! Ack... I was worried about getting turned away but nope... took just a few minutes and done. Then I was worried because the officer in charge of our case (as well as the main supe.) was going to be out of the office for weeks (which made me nervous that our prints may be overlooked and we'd get... DENIED). Turns, out I couldn't handle it today, and for the first time in a year (yeah, I've called this office before), I reached my main girl! SWEET! She really is such a sweetheart, just bogged down with apps. to process. I chatted with her for a while. She lived in Guam and said we will absolutely LOVE Taiwan (which we pretty much knew) and said it is one of her favorite places to visit.

Okay, okay... the good news... She actually knew exactly who I was and had my file in front of her, approving it right then and there! She said she'd have it in the mail tomorrow. Ah-ha, all that worrying and she's taking care of it all... so my very last piece of paperwork... D-O-N-E... well until renewal, expiration, updates... etc. but we won't go there right now. We're just going to bask in the ambiance when one finally completes THE GOLDEN TICKET. Just a mini celebration here!

6 comments:

Tisra said...

WOOOOO HOOOOO!, Sara!

Each milestone, step accomplished, and check on the big ol' Adoption List puts your closer to your little one!

I'm celebrating with you!

Tisra

Steve n Coco said...

YAY for you! One more step out of the way!!
Courtney
p.s. love the car :)

Sherry said...

Check that off the list! Woo Hoo! Rock on! (I should say roll on with a car like that) Hahaha! Thats a really funny picture! :)

Andrea said...

AWESOME! Who says Government Officials are all Bad?!
What a wonderful blessing for your sweet family. Happy for you, Sista!

Andrea

Sarah k said...

Alrighty then!!!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!! Now THAT is service!!!lol... so go and get those paws printed!

William's Family said...

Excellent! It's great to hear stories of USCIS workers who are so on the ball and willing to help. Congrats!