Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Feeling Better & Price Is Right





No, that's not my tat.

That last post was just a venting session... no I didn't turn my living room into a pool, although that would be fun to have an indoor pool and lounge in that instead of a sofa. After talking with my agency, I can breathe, for now.

On to The Price Is Right~! A few years ago (in 2002) The Price is Right came to town. I LOVE that show... my father used to take work off when I was sick and watch TPIR and also the South Pacific. It was our thing. I know every game and how to play it, where the best spot is to place those Plinko chips and how much everything usually costs.

So the show arrives in town. They are handing out 900 tickets for one day only at the Rio, so my husband (who I had to beg), his co-worker & I arrive at 3 am. I have this tank top on that my husband screen-printed with "Bobilicious" with a picture of Bob on the gum wrapper and I'm ready to see Bob. We think, "Ha ha, 3 am., no one will be there!" WRONG! There were 10,000 people shoved into one long winding hallway! Yikes! It was sardines and craziness.

Somehow we weaved our way close to the front doors which was packed so tight. It was crazier than some punk concerts I've been too. One poor elderly woman passed out and people wouldn't move. I started shoving people aside to help get her to a vacant reservation counter and get her room. Security couldn't even make it to her let alone hear over everyone screaming and yelling and shoving. After 5 hours, someone announced, "They had given all the seats away." So most people left. We decided we were too tired to wait any longer and left. Our friend waited around and after a few more hours, they actually gave out the tickets then. There were too many people and it was against fire code so they had to figure a way to clear everyone out earlier. We didn't get in but those few hours in the hall were insane and hilarious and probably a little dangerous and stinky and sweaty (& it was in the winter). P.s. the articles you may find on google say that they gave the tickets out at 5 am... I know different.

Here we are, in a city where we have seriously famous and wealthy people just stroll through all the time with no bodyguards etc. and usually not a crazy paparazzi fest unless they've announced their visit (on purpose) and here Bob Barker gets a crazy mob going with poor elderly ladies getting smushed and people getting in fights over cutting in line to see BOB! You should have seen the get-ups people were wearing too; back then I didn't really take pictures so sorry no pics.

Bob, you truly are Bobilicious and I miss you. And I neutered my dog... your wife would be happy. =0) p.s. Bob knows Karate.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2002/Jan-18-Fri-2002/news/17900869.html

2 comments:

Steve n Coco said...

Oh Sara! The stories you tell... I'm thinking you must be one of those rare and wonderful people who ALWAYS has a story for every occasion-- you know, like someone you always want to have at your parties!! :) Too funny.

Courtney

p.s. I'm sorry for the necessity of your venting post. I hope that all is well and okay on the adoption front...I'm thinking about you!

Andrea said...

I got my card! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH! Sonic has a new banana split smoothy with my name on it.
Do not go crazy over the adoption specifics. Raising adopted children is not for the faint of heart. Raising adopted children of a different race is even harder.
God gives us the hard stuff BEFORE we pick up our children to teach us to be FLEXIBLE and GO WITH THE FLOW. It is what you will do for the rest of your life. The rules change, the family dynamic changes and your idea of"how I will raise MY children" changes. God is preparing you for the RIDE. Just fasten your seat belt, try and enjoy the scenery, and pull over for coffee and a brownie every chance you get! :)
luv u,

A