Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Little Milana Lee


Okay, so even though I can't post a picture, I can post a sketch, right? This is something Sarah K made for me (she made a few more but my hubby has put me on picture detention and won't let me put them up until approval :0( Isn't it cool, though!?

So I thought I might help those who may need help with her name pronunciation (not that I'd know if you couldn't pronounce it... ha ha). Milana is Me-lawn-ah. It is a Czech (meaning grace or gracious & favor) /Russian (meaning precious dear)/Slavic/ sometimes Italian/ sometimes Hindi (meaning to meet) name. It was given not only because we think it is beautiful, fits her, and we love the meaning, but to honor my husband's family background as well (Odesa during Russian occupation). Each of our children have names that represent our family background. Milana's middle name is Lee, also my husband's as well as Lee means Plum in Mandarin. The plum blossom is the tree of Taiwan and Lee is one of the most common last names in Taiwan as well as the Fukian province in China, which is where most of the people from Taiwan eventually came from (about 400 years ago). So that is a bit about her name.

Okay, so now more about her. She is 16 months old this month and weighed 22 pounds at 12 months and was about 31 inches tall. She is doing extremely well especially for weighing 4 pounds 15 ounces at birth. She can walk holding herself up on things (of course she's probably walking right now but this is from the only info I have when she was just 12 months). She likes to dance, eat crackers, and has a hard time focusing on one thing too long (the spunky one will fit right in... now what was I saying?!;) I was trying to wait to post until we have approval but it is hard. My agency says, "nothing yet." They talk with someone in Taiwan every night at 3 am. ... so hopefully soon! Thanks everyone for your kind words and Congrats. They perked me up because I was so happy to share the news instead of focusing on approval. You all deserve sloppy cyber kisses. he ha Okay just hugs for the germ-a-phoebes. mmmmmmmaaaaahhhh

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Her height/weight at 12 months seems GREAT! And her gorgeous smile comes through even in the sketch. What a beautiful girl. Love the sketch.

--Elizabeth (same agency!)

R... said...

What a beautiful name and such a cool sketch!! Congratulations!!

R...

Steve n Coco said...

Beautiful, BEAUTIFUL girl!! I can't wait to see the real picture SOON! And what a pretty name, full of meaning... Hang in there!
Be blessed,
Courtney

Sarah k said...

Hmmmm seems sketchy to me... lol.. sorry had too.. I love the name hon... it is Pritty Pritty as Jer would say... Can't wait for you to be able to post real pictures and it would be wonderful if they were NEW PICTURES that you DON"T HAVE YET!(hint to agency)!!!!!
She is beautiful!!!

Monica said...

LOVE it! She's darling and will have such a perfect name! I hope you hear more soon and can quickly move quickly thru the rest of this journey to get her home with you!
Best wishes!!!

Andrea said...

A SKETCH! OOOOOO- You are the smartest chick I know. So do you think she's saying, "Hey Mom! Come and get me...Yeah....I love you,too....O.K.....Bye! "
I am so happy for you guys! I can't wait until we can see some LIVIN'COLOR!

xoxo,

A

David and Janalee said...

I am so excited for you! The Sketch is beautiful, so I am sure she is just gorgeous!!! Praying for quick approval and an even quicker trip through the courts!
Congrats!
Janalee
Maya- Chung Yi Aug 2006

Louanne said...

You are totally sneaky but I LOVE IT!!! So excited for your family.

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

Thanks so much for sharing all you did in this post :) I love the info about Lee because Noah's name is Noah WesLee! :) Neat to know :) I love the sketch! Would LOVE one of Noah! :) Her weight and height is good. Noah turned 16 months August 19th. They are close in age :) My last update in July said Noah was 24 pounds and 30 inches tall! :) close in size too :)

hugs and blessings and cant wait for an actual picture :)

Tami
Noah's Mommy
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

Judy said...

congratulations! what a beautiful name. Hope the process goes quickly for you.

Sherry said...

Oh my goodness... Where have I been?! I've been a bad, bad blogger! I love the name and CONGRATULATIONS MAMA! (Daddy too... hehe!) Now how can you hold out until approval anyway? I'd totally crack! LOL! I must say that I can't wait to see the non-sketch version but this will totally do:) This is the best news! Now call up St Lucy's and tell them that were all in suspense here and having a bunch of wandering adoptive parents in suspense is just not cool! LOL! Hope you hear word soon:)