Wednesday, October 15, 2008

21 Oddities


Triple-Tagged... that's Me! 21 Facts about me to peruse:

Taggers: http://adopttaiwan.wordpress.com/ Cindy
http://taiwankiddo2.blogspot.com/ Sarah
http://blessedwithsweetpeas.blogspot.com/ Tiff

Yes... I still can't figure out how to put a name in for the links!

1. My sister & I once dug a hole in the backyard that was as tall as myself and made steps going down into it. We created a Native American Mud home complete with shelves & artifacts (and covered it with a sheet of ply-wood... not so authentic).

2. I used to read National Geographic & animal encyclopedias for fun (gotta love those people with bones through their noses).

3. I used to have my tongue pierced... why? Because when I was 15 I went cliff-jumping & bit a hole through my tongue. It was huge & I stuck a straw through it; I became even more intrigued by this hole that didn't really hurt when someone said you could pierce them! So when I was 16, I took my "June Cleaver" mama (Love ya mama) into a tattoo shop & she signed for my tongue piercing. Poor mom... I told her that if she didn't sign, I would do it myself & that it would be unsanitary! Bless her heart! (I don't have it anymore... I threw it over the Golden Gate Bridge when it became popular for people to get... and worse because some of them did it for sexual reasons).

4. I was voted most changed in high school. I didn't really change... I just realized how I didn't have to hide my wacky-self.

5. I have a Darth Tater on my pot-shelves next to my antique pottery.

6. I once sewed a design on the bottom of my foot through the calloused part of my big toe with my sisters! It didn't cut us... we just though it was funny. It also didn't last because walking tore the tiny piece of skin layer we sewed through.

7. I am grossed out completely by boogers! They give me the heebie-jeebies. I can get them out of my kids noses but then I have to run and wash them off quickly! Don't even think about mentioning them while I eat! Vomit or poo... no big... just boogies.

8. I'll never get a tattoo... why, too permanent. I'd rather put the design on a shirt because I change my mind too much & I am a perfectionist sometimes. Okay maybe when I'm 90 & I'll die before it fades. ha ha

9. I once knocked my tooth in while leaning backwards on a chair the wrong way. The chair tipped over & I cracked my head between the chair & a table. I was knocked out for a few seconds & crawling across the floor with blood gushing from my face. My sister was screaming to my parents that "Sara broke her neck and she's dying!" I grabbed the tooth and shoved it back into place. Luckily, I didn't break any major roots & it is only slightly gray.

10. I have no piercings now... none! Neither do my children... they can poke holes in their own body, but I'm not going to do it for them.

11. I am fascinated with body shapes, styles, inherited facial features, people's walks. I love when people have differences that add character to their face or body. I love trying to find the differences in identical twins.

12. Love nature... could sit all day listening to it or playing in the mud. I'm like a dog sunning itself.

13. And that brings us to animals... love animals, know all kinds of crazy facts about them, my dogs sometimes drive me crazy because I've spent so much time around animals that I know what my dogs are thinking... p.s. I love neutered dogs. ha ha

14. I kinda have an obsession with heights. I love them. I had a nickname as a child of "billy goat". I stand on foot stools, toilets & sit on all counters. I used to climb mountains as a child as fast as some grown men (maybe faster because the invincibility, no fear of danger factor exists more in adolescence).

15. Brings us to 15. I once climbed a small mountain in the middle of the night without a flash-light (just the full moon). I was 20 feet from the top when I slipped and started falling down the mountain. The only thing that stopped me from eating it, grabbing about 5 cactus plants to stop my descent. Yeah! Ouch!

16. I love proofreading... this blog is breaking me of that habit, because my busy day with my monkeys prevents that luxury.

17. I had cops come to my 16th birthday party because of a cake fight that looked too real for the neighbors. Luckily, my dad knew the cops when they arrived and offered them cake!

18. I once fell asleep in the bathtub. I used to love some diving movie called The Big Blue 1988, where this man would compete with another to be the champion in world free diving. They would slow down their heart rate so they could hold their breathe longer. I used to do this by meditating and concentrating while in the tub... then one day I fell asleep under the water & when I woke up, I was still under the water. I have no idea how long I was asleep.

19. I love singing, making sound effects and copying movie lines... like the Princess Bride, "anybody want a peanut?" ROUS's? I can bark like quite a number of breeds of dogs.

20. If you jump out at me and scare me... be prepared to most likely get punched. I've had to really control this when I had kids... although my husband accidentally got a kidney karate chop the other day. It's from living in a neighborhood that had a lot of crime so you become jumpy & on your guard...what's funny is the insane scream that accompanies the wild punching.

21. I have to pick a job when the kids go to school (can't sit home all day by myself) & although I'll likely go into sonography... I'd love to just do charity work & travel to other countries helping others. Although they would probably tire that I get misty eyed over everything.

So, there you have it! Enough Sara-isms for a life-time! Hello? Is there anyone still reading? Oh well. ha ha

For who I pick... not 21 people. Instead one, Christine! You don't have to pick 21 people or even 7... whatever you wish. =0) So Tag! Have fun. =0)

6 comments:

The Family K. said...

I shake my head in disbelief and marvel that you lived to tell the tale...

You're definitely going to be the fun grandma one day who has all the good stories.

Cindy said...

Wow - that's a lot of information ;) Gotta love The Princess Bride! You've led a very interesting life - thanks for sharing!

Cindy
http://adopttaiwan.wordpress.com

Sarah k said...

Ok dear, I may have to re-read this as there was a lot of Saraisms here. LOL... (I had that line before I read it... scary huh?) Anyways movie woman.. here are some of our faves
"That's gonna leave a mark!"
"Did you touch my butt?"
"That's one diddle that can't be undone homeskillet!"

What movies are they from??? LOL>...

Loved the facts girl. You are a colorful gal.. just how I like my friends to be.. normal people scare me!!

Sarah k
Taiwankiddo2.blogspot.com

Steve n Coco said...

Love it! You've got some good ones!!
Courtney

Kurt, Christine and kids said...

You should have posted over on my blog. I started work this week, not much time to look at blogs. Just a little time @ 10pm to ck on family members.
Hey thanks for the tag. I'm going to have to think about my answers. I'll let you know when I post. Hopefully Sunday after church, if Kacee isn't on her blog. Teenagers!!!!!!!!!

lorabelle said...

These are too funny! It's wonderful that you have so many fun memories to share with your kids and all of us. I hope you get tagged again so you will share more, I'm beginning to feel like I know you much better!
Lora