Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas=Jesus, Family, Joy,Love

Yeah, I really am a Rock Star

Star Wars Christmas explosion

Nika is shocked she finally was allowed to have Polly Pcokets (parts... small parts, enough said)

Jadyn giving Great Grandpa some sugar

How many girls can you fit on your pot shelves?

Christmas morn at Grandma's... look at my fairy Princess & the others... why look at cameras when there are cool things everywhere.

This one is just funny. My husband has been lifting weights (yup I spot him... for some reason men at his work think that is hilarious) and this shirt is way too tight in the arms... I was laughing so hard with him/at him. It barely covered his stomach because his muscles have gotten so big in his chest... he's going to kill me when he's sees this on here. He finally understands girls' tight armpit clothes.

I'm so thankful this Christmas for all of my family & the time we've spent together. I have to say I'm also thankful for all of those who have posted their Christmas memories, wishes & adventures; why? Because I needed an extra dose of Christmas spirit when you know one little person is not here that needs to be.

For Christmas, we had our annual family dinner with my husband's mother's side of the family. Jadyn found a lovely little two year old cousin to romp it up with and I have no idea what they "say" to each other, but they were in stitches with laughter.

Kole & Nika round around with their cousins singing karaoke and dressing up. Jadyn kept snagging cookies... we still have no idea how many she ate! I was seriously loving all the food... that is one of my favorite parts! I love when everyone brings over their favorite treats & I get to try all these new goodies.

The night before Christmas, we not only were able to read the story of Jesus Christ's birth and have the children really pay attention, WE READ THREE!!!! WOOHOO! We actually end up telling the story all month long as soon as the manger scene comes out... although we have to buy them each their own because they always end up arguing over who gets baby Jesus. Jesus and arguing don't really go together so we have to figure something out.

We also had our family Christmas which isn't very chaotic at all but ends up like a tornado hit the house with scraps of paper... I still need to vacuum the small ones! We had family Christmas dinner with my husband's family and then played Rock Band... I've never played that before. I'm not good at the guitar and I didn't try the drums but I can sing (well not as good as before I hurt my vocal chords a year ago, but decent) and read those super fast words across the screen. I even sang Metallica! ... um I didn't know he hit notes. James, Lars and the other ones I can't remember your names, I apologize. How in the world did Metallica get in my Christmas post?

Anyways, my sister Rakel came out a few days before Christmas and it was so good to see her and Uncle Aaron.. the kids really miss you chasing them around. Thank you for their gifts... the Star Wars guys have not left their sides, day or night. Uncle Christian, the kids were thrilled to have you come over as well... you have to be Darth again & have them gang up on you! That was hilarious... man why didn't I remember the camera... oh yeah, I was laughing too hard. It was like Attack of The Jedi Ewoks!

I splurged and went and bought clothes & toys for Milana... I don't know what size she really is but it was clearance and I can stuff them in what is hopefully her last care package & then she's coming home... right?! We wrapped her Christmas gifts but we just couldn't open them without her... the kids & I just couldn't do it. We're going to wait until she's home.... it was just too hard.

So Merry Christmas my friends, family and just someone who wanted to read... may you have the feeling of joy that this season was made for! =0) Sara

p.s. New Year's resolution... cut down on my length of my posts! ha ha

8 comments:

The Family K. said...

1. I think our boys would have had a blast together with all the Star Wars gear they received.

2. When and if you ever make it over to the East Coast, I want to hear you sing Metallica. Rock it, chica!

3. The next post you put up, I want to see all the stuff you bought for Miss Milana.

4. You are very much on my mind as you await news of your little girl.

Tisra said...

Milana *will* be home soon! I can't wait to see her open her gifts. BTW, you don't need to limit your posts- I love the length! Your huge family Christmas sounds fantastic. We finally have family in town now that Eric's sister moved here and just have 5 cousins running around warmed my heart. And, I realy dig the idea of each child getting their own nativity! Awesome!

momwithfaithandhope said...

I love the Jadyn giving "sugar" picture - she looks just like you! Just know that Milana will be home for next Christmas and those Polly Pockets may be retired to ziplock bags when that happens! LOL Loved reading your Christmas post.

lorabelle said...

My boys had a star wars explosion too! what a huge mess. Why they package each of those little guys individually in all of that packaging is beyond me!
Bless the older kiddos hearts when it comes to small parts. We have to deal with that on a daily basis around here.

My Clayton (8) is sitting here with me and wants to know what your husbands tatoos mean. Can you enlighten us? He's so curious about stuff like that... I told him that yes, I would ask- So?

Really wish that you would learn how to download video. I want to see everybody rockin on. Sounds like a blast!
Glad that you had a great Christmas. Next year is going to be even better!

Steve n Coco said...

Merry Christmas, dear Sara! I am praying that your most amazing Christmas gift yet is RIGHT around the corner! Here's to 2009 and all it brings!!
Be blessed,
Courtney

Sarah k said...

Hang in there !!!! This is for Milana!!! Ok.. I love the pictures! The one of Donny is too funny!!! He looks so scared! LOL... Poor Donny! Your posts are perfect.. so scratch the "shortening" them idea. And I love you love you love you! I am glad you went out and shopped. You need that! You need that so that Milana is more real to your heart and mind. She is so there with you hon... I know it is hard because it isn't a physical carrying of a baby but hon.. she IS with you and will be WITH you soon! So, don't worry, shop, live, dream and KNOW that she is coming home soon!

Sarah k.

Ruth said...

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you and your family, Sara!! Loved the post and pictures. I keep praying that Milana is home with you soon! Hang in there!!
Never, never, cut down on the length of you posts - I love every word!
Ruth H.

White's Journey to Taiwan said...

Oh, Sarah, please don't cut down the length of your posts! I smiled and chuckled all the way through your post! I love the baby Jesus part!!! My daughter and I just finished a show at the Children's Theatre "Best Christmas Pageant Ever", and arguing over the baby Jesus was one of the biggest parts of the show!! ;-) What a beautiful family you have---just gorgeous!!! And, I absolutely LOVE the name Milana. That is just beyond beautiful!! When do you expect to bring her home?

I will put a link to your blog from mine, if you don't mind. That way, I can check it regularly :-)