Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Tidbits

I've not only been busy with normal life things... I've been recovering from the sickness. I had TSS... you know that Toxic Shock Syndrome... it's not fun & you feel like death; literally. Electrolytes & antibiotics and you're good to go after about 4days but weak. Hint to all future mommas of girls... do not store tampons in bathrooms or other damp air rooms & store those things in a dark closet away from heat & light. I had mine in the bathroom in the hot window sill. Triple threat. No one told me that you have to treat them like potatoes!!!

The more people I've talked with, the more I've noticed have symptoms etc. but not as bad as mine were. Yuck... not fun at all. My kidneys still hurt a little but at least someone touching my arm isn't excruciating anymore. I still feel woozie & I have to put on a few pounds because I lost a little from not having an appetite. I hate losing weight... love muscle which I don't have much time to put on... do any of us?

Anyways, let's see. We had Thanksgiving on Friday with my husband's family. It's always nice to spend time with his family but also hard for me to be so far away from mine. I miss all of you... we'll visit after Milana comes home & she can handle the trip to AZ (at least you all are only about 5 hours away)... maybe we'll fly.

Hubby accidentally totalled his Audi on Thanksgiving. He was going to the store when someone pulled out in front of him from this side street without stopping & hubby instantly reacted & jerked the wheel... well on the other side of the car was a construction zone & he clipped a cement barricade... He's all good but his Audi is so not. So off we go to find another car. Cop asked where he was going and I said the grocery store before the Black Friday rush to get some bananas & things.... His response, "Pretty expensive bananas!" The cop was very excited that this was the first person that night who hadn't been drinking & also found my husband's Audi symbol amongst the debris which was in perfect condition...he sent that home with us. I'm just sooooo thankful that Donnie is fine... sore but fine. p.s. He wasn't allowed to drive home.

No news on the adoption front... believe me... I've been asking. I'm awaiting any scrap of news my coordinator can scrounge up from our director who just spent two weeks in Taiwan. I've actually enjoyed one thing about being incapacitated this week... I didn't have any energy to think about our case. I'll never catch up reading posts but I will say Happy Thanksgiving to all!!! And Merry Christmas & Holidays & New Year & all that good stuff coming up!

Oh yeah... I'm so sappy... I was changing channels on the radio in the car and heard Mariah Carey singing "All I Want For Christmas" and I broke out in tears... Poor other drivers kept staring at the bawling lady singing Christmas songs. And yup, they heard because it's about 70 degrees & everyone has their windows down.

p.s.s. Vegas drivers are NUTS!

10 comments:

The Family K. said...

Ugh. Sounds like a horrible week for you and your husband. I'm glad to hear that you're on the mend and that he wasn't hurt. Now come on, good news about Milana!

Steve n Coco said...

OH Sara and Donnie!! I am SO GLAD you're okay! And thanks for the tips-- I had no idea you had to treat them like potatoes either :) I'm so sorry that you have to stack on one more expense right now too by buying a new car... yuck. Speedy recovery to both of you.
Be blessed (and careful! SHEESH),
Courtney
p.s. Many Christmas songs make me cry too. I can't stand "It's the most wonderful time of the year!"

Our Family said...

I've been MIA online because of health issues but wanted to quickly find out how you're oding. Glad to hear you're recovering from TSS - how scary! Hope you hear good news soon about Milana!

Lori

Sarah said...

Sara/Sofa... okay, so you're like the only person I've ever met that has had TSS. SCARY! Thinking of you and your horrible week... and hope you get some good news soon, honey.

momwithfaithandhope said...

Wow - that's one heck of a week! TSS?! I've never known anyone to have experienced that - sounds awful! Glad you're feeling better. So sorry about the car! Glad hubby is okay. Can't wait to hear news on Milana!

Staci said...

so glad to hear you are feeling better! sorry you've had a lousy week :( hope good news is coming soon about Milana!

Tisra said...

I do know one other person that had TSS and her doctor said it is the same thing as Scarlet Fever! you know, the Scarlet Fever that LOTS OF PEOPLE DIED FROM! I'm so glad you're okay!!! I guess this is good that it happened now, right? That way, Mommy being sick doesn't disrupt bonding time with Milana- who should be getting home SOOOOOOON! Oh, and the accident- glad Donnie is okay, too! Whew!

Andrea said...

Glad the TSS scare is over. So SORRY about the car! But you get an new one....so that's cool!
Hoping Santa leaves something VERY VERY GOOD in your stocking!

xoxo,
A

lorabelle said...

OMG! I'm so glad that you mentioned as much as you just did in the last post. I keep mine in the same general area and that is just too scary. No, I didn't know we had to treat them with kid gloves either, who knew?!
I'm moving mine to the cool dark place, where ever that might be...
So glad that you are alright now and all is good. Stinks that you became so ill...
I'm glad to hear that you and Donnie are safe, that is just to frightening too! What a week for you guys... Glad it's over and I can't wait for you to get news about baby girl. It's time and I 'feel it!!!
Lora

Sherry said...

Im finally catching up and OMG thats some stuff going on in your family! Glad you and hubby are alright! Who knew about the handling care required with those things and hey now hubby can have a fat Audi chain hanging around his neck like all the homies in Baltimore. Joking! (But seriously thugs will totally steal the emblem right off your car and wear it)

Hope Christmas is a little less eventful:)