Friday, October 26, 2007

Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still.


http://www.halfthesky.org/ I borrowed this phrase from Half the Sky. They have my heart. So do sooooo many other charities (like the one who gives the gift of clean drinking water http://www.a-childs-right.org/ ). I voted for Jenny Brown to run in the Olympics http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/olympics/torch_page.html . I voted for what she represents and loves most in this world: these children. I believe in her. I believe in the amazing responsibility we have for all the children worldwide to be their advocate, to be their voice when they haven't found theirs yet. I'm like Sandra Bullock on Miss Congeniality at the end when she says she really does want world peace. I want World Peace and no more world hunger. I want it more than I can express.

It has been my dream to adopt since I was 4 or 5 and now it's finally becoming a reality. Not only has adoption opened the road to parent a child who needs me as much as I need them, but it has made me a better wife, mother, world citizen and human being. It has opened my eyes to so many issues facing this world and the realities of what I really can do about them. I have big plans!!! HUGE! I am a stay at home mom and am happy raising my children. But when they are in school, no lazy mamba jamba here! I'm off to school. I want to not only gain a career but a skill to help these children. I want my children to learn compassion and what better way than by example. I want them to learn how to love truly and unconditionally for everyone. So even though I am 28 and most everyone has careers etc. and I seem to be moving slowly.... Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still. I'm never going to stand still again and I will get to where I am going... we all will. I have faith in all of us.

No comments: