Saturday, November 3, 2007

Finally Making That Timeline

~June 30, 2007: sent off homestudy application and our app to FFC (Families for Children)
~July 2007: went mad crazy and filled out all the papers for our hs in record time just over 1 week, baby! Started preparing dossier papers at same time.
~August 2007: received word that our FBi clearances came in... waiting on reference letters to come in (my friend was getting married in a month and super mondo busy)
~Sept. 3, 2007: Homestudy visit (first and only required in my state) so done baby done!
~Sept. 23, 2007: received phone call from social worker because she needed some general clarification on questions. She hadn't typed up the report because one of her birthgivers had spontaneous labor and she was a busy woman.
~Sept. 27, 2007: I believe that was the day FFC received my homestudy because I received my hs through email (since my state won't let me directly recieve it from my sw, only if my intl. agency shares)... HENCE.... OFFICIALLY WAITING for about 18 to 24 months until referral).
~Currently finishing: dossier (one paper left but having trouble getting because it requires going to a jail where a certain celebrity who doesn't deserve mentioning on my blog is being held and a circus of picture mad hatters have cluttered my place of dossier paper finishing),
USCIS which I won't apply for until just before my hs is 6 months old to try and prolong the validity of that sucker,
referral request form... that one was the hardest for us so far to fill out.
MY BLOG!!... it is lacking so I have to catch up and give it pizzazz (is that even a word?) Jazz hands everyone when you say that ;)

No comments: