Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Finally! First Part of the Final!

Milana Is Coming Home!!!!!!

This is her sweet hospital photo that was xerox'd with her referral.


Hello? You all can get up off the floor. Of course I haven't picked myself up yet either! AAAAHHHHHHHHHH Just have to scream it out. I check my email a few times each day... it's been habit for years now and even more so in the last 10.5 months since referral.

I was on the phone with my husband when I cut him off and said, "Love. There is an email in the inbox and it says Great News!!!" I started shaking terribly.

"What does it say?"

"I haven't opened it... I can't."

"Open it Woman."

"But I can't handle it if it's not it."
But it was!!!

We were notified by SLC that we've received the first part of our final decree from our judge. SLC will set a travel date for us as soon as they receive the second part of the final decree documents from the court!!! OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS! It is still not feeling REAL. How can words express emotions for something so huge that your head & heart feel like they will burst?


I called a few friends yesterday and let them know (I'm so sorry if I forgot anyone because I really am a basketcase right now!) ... I fairly fainted talking to one of them, probably from irregular breathing.... who knows... all I know is everyone keeps telling me it's real... that she is really coming home.


I don't know if I can post recent pictures of her yet until we get that last part of the final.... so I posted her year old picture since she is almost 2 and looks quite different.
I went to Nika's school at lunch and had to tell her right away. Milana also made my sister's newly applied mascara to run down her face when she heard the news. This IS TOTALLY WICKED AWESOME! Yes, you can imagine wierd surfer accents or whatever... I'm just beyond thrilled. 10 and a half months... a week before Milana's second birthday and we know she really is our's and will come home soon to join our family and enrich all our lives.

Oh we think we may travel in early June (AIT has summer vacation days scheduled in May so short-staffed) When we pick her up, it'll be a total of a year... and I am so excited to have many, many years with her I'll let you all know more when we get INFO! FINALLY! Now please excuse me while I go run naked down the streets. ;0)

P.S. Sarah K... I'm waiting... I need your Great News now. =0)

P.S.S. I really have to thank SLC and FEC for working so diligently to get this done... we actually got court done in a week from the paper submitting of last week. Once all the ducks were finally in a row... thank Heavens. After trying and trying to get court rolling for about 6 months... I can't say done though... I've grown superstitious of counting chickens before they hatch!

33 comments:

Ramona said...

Congratulations! I love my blog update notifier, especially when it's this type of news. Can't wait to see more, hear more. Again, big time CONGRATS!

The Family K. said...

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!!! Awesome, awesome, awesome. This news was almost as good as the referral day post. Go, go, go!!!

Oh - and happy birthday to you and Nika. Something tells me you couldn't have received a better gift than the good news in your inbox.

Tamara said...

So happy for you and your family and happy your little girl will be home soon! Big congrats.

Ruth said...

Aaaahhhh!! I'm so excited for you!!! Congrats! Oh what fun you have in store!!

Ruth

Terry said...

WOW, this is wonderful news!!! And what a wonderful birthday gift too!
Congratulations to you and your family - can't wait to hear more good news that will follow soon!!!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU AND NIKA!!!!

lorabelle said...

I know that we've already screamed together, but I want to do it again here!AAAHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAHHHH!! Okay, I feel better again. Just gotta do every now and then! I am SO excited for you Sara!!!! Travel will be right around the corner.
I Can't wait to be able to see her picture on this blog and in your arms where she belongs...
Lora

Sarah said...

Woooooooooohoooooooooooooooo!

KB said...

yay sara!!! so happy for your family....go get that precious girl and bring her home where she belongs!!! Hold on, time flies from now until she is in your arms!

Kristy

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

YIPPEE! I am so excited for you! :) I am doin a happy dance! :) watch out! lol :) Maybe you will see my sweet Jeremiah while you are there! :) I know you are over the moon with excitement! Can't wait to follow along on it all and see your dream fulfilled! :)

Blessings,
Tami
Celeste, Noah and Jeremiah's mama
PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Wonderful! Congratulations. I know how long and hard this has been for you. I can't wait to hear the rest.

Staci said...

Thank goodness!!! CONGRATULATIONS my friend! It's about time. Your message cracked me up...trying not to scream. So I screamed for you. :) I can't wait to hear travel news, start packin girl!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! That is news you've been waiting a long time to hear. Can't wait to see her pictures when you go to pick her up!
Sandy

Casey said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you.

Casey

Shirley H. said...

i'm soooooooooooo HAPPY for you~~~~

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh....this is incredible!! I'm so so so overjoyed for you all! This has been a long time coming and you deserve all of this joy and more!
Beautiful Milana is coming home....how sweet it is!
Hugs and blessings to you AND happy belated birthday!! :)
Lisa C.

Sarah k said...

Amen and Praise God! I am so happy that your heart is relieved and your nights crying will be cut short!lol. I love you and hope so dearly that we can catch up. I am trying hon. I so want to see you again, but in Taiwan.
Thank you for the shout out. I feel so blessed that you keep us on your heart and mind and most of all in prayer. Love you hon! And I am so proud of you during this long wait! You have remained a champion for Milana! You have shown such courage and love for your family, everyone of them and you should be darn proud of yourself Sara! Congratulations to you and Donny and all your sweet hearts! I love you all! Thank you God for giving such an awesome gal wings to fly to her daughter finally!

Sarah k

Mel said...

wonderful news, congratulations. now it won't be much longer!!
mel

Anonymous said...

Sara!! What Amazing News!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!! YAYYYYYYYYY

Elizabeth, James' mom!

Shannon R said...

Praise God! This is AMAZING NEWS! I am so very happy for you.

Steve n Coco said...

What?! WHAT???!!!! Oh my gosh!! This is amazing news! God bless you and congratulations-- YOU DID IT!!!!

Expecting Good Things said...

Yeah!! You've waited a LONG time for this girl! Enjoy it. Actually, start packing and getting ready for your baby girl. Can't wait to follow your journey...
Holli

Our Family said...

WOW!! Thrilled for you!!!!

Lori

momwithfaithandhope said...

Ugggh - how did I miss this post?!!! WOO HOO woman!! THIS is what we've all been waiting for. Time will fly by now - I promise!!! Start packing girlfriend. You're going to Taiwan!

Tisra said...

I know I told you all this on the phone- BUT, I'm thrilled for you! YOU'RE GOING TO TAIWAN!!!!! Won't be long now.

Tisra

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you. We are also with FEC and have been following your story since last July. Best of wishes for a speedy final order!

Jeri said...

Sara!!!!!!! I'm just getting caught up on blogs!!!!!! How did you not post this on the boards (I get those digest). I'm so happy and thrilled and excited for you! How did I not hear you scream? Oh, right, it was because you busy fainting! Congratulations! The time will fly by now.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! FINALLY!!!
You are going to Taiwan....
~* Starr *~

PS: Let me know if you are going to be in my neck of the woods, maybe we can plan to meetup...would love to meet irl!

Tonkin Tribe said...

Ok...don't know why it posted Anonymous...anyway...the above was posted by me;0) Just so you know who wants to meet up with you! LOL

Jennifer said...

Praising God right along with you! HE is so very good!

Blessings on your journey, and we will look forward to following along as you get your precious Milana~

Joy in Jesus!
Jennifer

www.johnsonfamilyadoption2.blogspot.com

Dawn said...

How wonderful...All in His timing!! We leave for Vietnam Friday. Our days are almost here!!

http://wehavebeenblessed.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

Sara,

Hey, I just discovered we are with the same agency! I joined their forum today and was reading through old posts and saw one of yours. Cool. :o) (There doesn't seem to be much action there lately, however...)

I'll be checking in with you again soon. Take care and God bless!

Jennifer

Louanne said...

Yippie!!! I am so happy for you guys!!! You know the next month is going to fly some days and drag the others, but you are getting closer with each passing moment.

Enjoy everything about the trip!! That's my best advice.

YIPPIE!!

Mandarine said...

hello
I'm french ,sorry for my bad english.I discovered your blog because I hope to adopt from Taiwan too.
I'm very happy for you I hope you can go pick up soon your princess
miki