Saturday, September 5, 2009

Channeling Famke

Absolutely by accident, my hair is purple. ha ha I decided to dye my own hair, which I've done many times before but not in the last 7 or 8 years. I know how to mix dye, do foils and highlights etc. so I though no big... I'll go down to the same supply store I've gone to for years and buy some dye. I picked "Truffle"... it's supposed to be a brown (the bottle says "Mega Browns!") with some red hues. hee hee... Hubby helped dye it Purple!

It's not bad and I kinda like it.... unexpected as it was... but not bad. I feel like Famke...Phoenix/Jean from X-men. I think I may just like to say Famke's name... everytime I say it, Donnie goes "Who?!" The pictures don't show the true nature of the purple, even though I tried taking a couple. The younger children didn't even notice but Nika was shocked walking out of her school when she saw mom.

Here's something funny. I have a big red purse from Brighton (if you know Brighton... you know that the collection is sometimes, well, bright). Milana has a book from Taiwan with Teletubbies... Milana calls the purple one with the red purse, "Mama." ha ha Never imagined aspiring to be a Teletubbie.








7 comments:

Cindy said...

My daughter would love your hair...it's her favorite color! And you do look a lot like Jean - too bad it's not closer to Halloween, because I think your costume would be perfect with the hair. How long before the dye is gone?

We leave on Monday for Taiwan...yippee! Life is a whirlwind right now, as you can remember I'm sure!

Cindy
http://adopttaiwan.wordpress.com

Tisra said...

Okay, the girl from X-Men is totally hot... and so are you!!!! I think it's fun without being "punk". It's not purple-purple!!!

Sorry I never got around to calling you. Maybe soon. It's been a whirlwind. You know how it goes. :-)

QingLu Mama said...

Now this is too funny! It sounds like something I would totally do...
But I like it-looks like a pretty color.
And being a teletubbie's not so bad, could be worse I suppose. Not sure what worse would consist of...but there must be something!

Have a great weekend!!

Shirley H. said...

Nice hair colour! i got so much grey hair despite my age >.< My mum ask me not to dye them too often.. =(

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Lisa said...

Well, at least she's not calling you Barney :) *giggle* Actually I think its pretty...I don't see the purple?....it looks really rich! I would end up with green hair btw, trying to do it myself!

Hope everything else is well!!
:) Lisa

lorabelle said...

You are so funny! If anyone could pull this off, it's you...
In one of my recent posts, I mentioned that one of my sons doesn't think I'm cool; just so you know, he thinks you rock! Guess I'm gonna have to go pick up some dye. Thanks!

Sarah k said...

Wow.. like ok... Purple??? You look gorgeous no matter what you where!!!! we need to hook up on the phone some time girl... I am missing you!

Love Sarah k