Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Our Sweet Little Girl Has Found Us!

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!! YIPPPEEEEE!!!!!! We have the best kind of news to share! Our daughter has found us! We are ecstatic to introduce our daughter and Nika, Kole and Jadyn are so thrilled to introduce their sister! We have decided to give her the name Milana Lee, and she was born in 2007. FEC called us out of the blue and it completely shocked us. She is absolutely the child we have dreamed about. She has a very unique story (as we all do) and she definitely made sure that we knew that we are a family! She is so spunky and full of joy... it's been hard to think about waiting any longer to meet her!

We received her referral earlier but we wanted to wait for medical info and until orphanage approval before announcing. I COULDN'T WAIT ANY LONGER!!!! She is a waiting child; coordinated through St.Lucy's Center though she is in foster care and we are now waiting for contracts to officially say, "Yes, Yes, Yes!" Sarah W. made a cutie border & picture scrap book page as a surprise for us (making me cry); we'll debut that as soon as we hear! I tried smudging the picture of her face to show you but my Jadyn started crying and saying, "No! No! Don't do that to my Baby!" Please send us some prayers... we've been waiting 6 weeks for approval with no end in sight yet. That's why I lost it yesterday.... good enough reason right?

I have been loosing it trying to stay quiet... you want to shout these things from the mountains and then some! The kids love talking about her and helped set up the crib, pull out the toys, buy clothes and blankets. Jadyn talks to her at night when she sees her crib and Nika is so excited about having her come home (she keeps asking if she can hold her and rock and WHEN WILL SHE BE HERE!)... Kole is excited but is concerned that he doesn't get to sleep in her room! ha ha He says he wants to share everything with her and if she's in another room, he won't get too. I told him, "You'll have plenty to share."

Donnie carries her picture around in his phone and has saved me already because I didn't have it on me once to show people (eek).

YES! YES!! YES!!! Cartwheels and super happy dancing! "The dreams that you wish do come true!"

I have to thank some people... greatly. All of those who have been there to listen to me lose it, comfort me and make me laugh, my husband for keeping me in line and hopeful and being amazing (yes, hun, you were right; she found us sooner than I thought) :0), the children for being patient when mommy was sad or mentally preoccupied, for my family who also listened to me lose it and explain the process 500 times, my agency for helping us get here, my friends on my group boards =0)and Milana's birthgiver who not only gave her life but gave her to us.

We thank Heavenly Father who knows us better than we know ourselves; He knew and knows more than I possibly could have envisioned for our family (opened our eyes to amazing possibilities). I am greatly honored and deeply touched by all of your support. Thank you all from every bit of my being. Much Love, Sara (WE KNOW WHO OUR CHILD IS, Can't wait to REALLY know her!)

p.s. Can I relax now? No? I have to wait more?!!!! Awh, Man! =0)

23 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats, this is the best news ever! I can't wait to see pictures.
Krista (waiting for our own Taiwan miracle)

http://the-mayne-event.blogspot.com

Tamara said...

Sara,

Big congrats to you!!! So glad you found your daughter. I felt the same way when we found our daughter and wanted to tell everyone, but was trying to wait for official approval. It took just about 8 weeks to get ours from Korea. Hope you hear soon.

Tamara
taiwanfor3.blogspot.com

Chris said...

Shouting it from the roof tops definitely helps, and we are all sooo happy for you-
can't wait to see her pictures
blessings on the wait
Chris

Jeri said...

Awesome Awesome Awesome! So much good news this week for families! I bet your contracts are coming soon. Is this the same sweetie? I know you all are over joyed!
Jeri

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

I am SOOO excited for you! :) I can't wait to lay eyes on your sweet girl :)

hugs
Tami
Noah's Mommy
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

William's Family said...

AWESOME! A very big congratulations to your family on finding your little girl. I can't wait to read more. I'll bet it feels so good to finally be able to announce the great news. We're thrilled to follow your journey from here on.

Cindy said...

Yippee! I'm very excited for your family! I know it must have been hard to wait so long to share the news...and I know you are anxious to receive the official approval. Keep me posted!

Cindy
http://adopttaiwan.wordpress.com

Tonkin Tribe said...

Congrats Sara and family

That is awesome news!!!
Can't wait to see pics of little Milana Lee (LOVE her name!)...

Hoping for SPEEDY court and travel for all of you!

~* Starr *~
http://adoptingasia-faith.blogspot.com

Rydley said...

Such wonderful news! Huge congratulations!!

Sarah k said...

WOO HOO!!! I CAN FINALLY BREATHE AGAIN! I have been holding my breath for this info to get released and finally I can breathe.. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! AND I CANNOT BELIEVE IT BUT I AM SO HAppy HAppy HAppy for you sweet cheeks!!! I so hope and pray we can travel together!!!! I am here for ya when you need to gush, laugh, cry or complain...

Louanne said...

YIPPIE!! WOO HOO!! I love it!!! So happy for your family and the new addition.

Sarah said...

Oh silly Sara/Sofa... you are so funny! I'm surprised that you could keep a lid on your news this long! I know that you're thinking about your girl and frustrated that the SLC approval takes so long. Keep you chin up. If you need some funnies to help... send me more photos and I'll jazz them up for you! Big Hugs!

JackieMacD said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's incredible news! It's a week of BIG things...may you have your daughter home ASAP.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! What wonderful news :)

a Tonggu Momma said...

What wonderful news!!!! Congratulations! I said a quick prayer that y'all would receive PA very, very soon so that you can share your news. And a prayer that y'all would receive TA quickly so she can be home and settled for Christmas.

Rebecca Lily said...

Congrats to you and your lovely family!! I can't wait to hear more about the sweeet girl that has stolen all of your hearts already. :)

Rebecca

Nina said...

Congratulations!! What wonderful news. I hope you get to hold your daughter in your arms very soon!

Nina (from RQ)

Staci said...

Congrats on finding your little girl!!

www.2intaiwan.blogspot.com
waiting for referral

Norma said...

Congratulations.....can't wait to see her photo.

Steve n Coco said...

Aww Sara,
I'm so glad you'll be able to share your joys AND frustrations now!! I can only imagine how badly I would be bursting at the seams! Huge congrats and I just know that God's hand is so evident here, I can't wait to follow your journey...
Be blessed!!
Courtney

Andrea said...

AWESOME! I know you are soooo over the moon!
I can't wait to see her precious little face!
Wonderful news.

Andrea

Monica said...

OMgoodness! How EXCITING!!! How old is she? Can you tell us anything more?

BabyBain said...

Wonderful to read your post and relive the feelings. Shout as much as you want! I lost my voice the week I receive my referral!