Sunday, June 21, 2009

Alive and Well, Home and Happy

Ok, not completely well... still pretty nauseous but doing better with each meal. I actually was fine mentally and even food wise... it was just eating at odd times that kicked my bootie! I'm good though. AIT went well... 4 hours but well. Only had one more paper that was needed that was accidentally put in there from another persons file (it was an English translation that had another Sarah on it). By the time I arrived at the hotel to call... it was already taken care of and we were allowed to pick up the Visa on Thursday! Yippee! Then off to the zoo with torrential downpours and panda and koala views. Milana is spunky and silly and an arm work-out! She loves kids and copies them everywhere she goes. She giggles at them constantly. It's a good thing we have siblings at home! Friday was one last stitch effort to get gifts for people. We raced against the clock across town to the Handicraft Market again to get some authentic stuff. People weren't kidding when they said that is the place to buy stuff. Everywhere else is made most places other than TW. We never really got to a night market as my sickness and Milana's exhaustion kept us in after 7... but we did get to see a fair amount of shops just setting up on the streets when the sun goes down. P.S. Save energy until late.... everyone else in TW seems to know that it is just hot and humid in the afternoon and to come out after dark! Coming home went well. Milana slept most of the way on the plane... Daddy dozed happily on his chair and Milana spread herself across her seat and most of mine... I mostly had ten inches and the pull-down-table to sleep on... yeah... 2 hours of sleep out of the 12 hour flight! WooHOO!! Alll good though... it was so nice to see her sleeping next to me... wiping her feet all over daddy! And when they are sleeping... you can mess with their face! She is so cute! At the international airport... well.. LAX took a while figuring out what line we were supposed to be in. They were very kind and let us cut lines but still had a hard time figuring things out. Next... I guess we took too long and they snatched our luggage, unknown to us as we thought it was lost or stolen. So we searched forever and the luggage people said just keep going and hope it will check through. As I almost cried in the customs exit... a man pushing our luggage went by! I screamed and chased him down... STOP, That's our luggage!!! He worked there and gave it back after I verified us! Whew.... next off to the long trek around LAX... to security! Warning: Baby Formula resembles explosives it seems and then they have to swab it. Then get a false positive and start all over! Then to Starbucks for two $28 dollar sandwiches and sit in some seats to rest 45 minutes prior to take off. Yup... that took 3 hours of our 4 hour lay-over. Milana is a serious trooper. Then off to Vegas... short flight but I was beyond nauseous by now. On the way home I missed my kids so much and was so eager to see them. The missing of your children makes you ache... especially with no sleep. That was one of the longest 25 minute drives of my life. So here are some pictures to enjoy! finally. The eggs are a gift Milana and her foster family prepared for her siblings. We still don't have a pic all together... more bonding and loving on each other and so many people in so many places ... we'll get one soon! Hopefully today! Happy Father's Day Donnie!!!!

16 comments:

Cindy said...

So glad to hear you are home and things are going well! Hope you feel better soon. Love all the pictures!!

Cindy
http://adopttaiwan.wordpress.com

momwithfaithandhope said...

So glad you're home safe and sound. Hopefully you'll be feeling back to normal soon! Can't wait to see a picture of the whole family. Happy Father's Day to Donnie!

Made my heart smile to see Milana wearing the outfit and the butterfly hair pretties! She's so cute and so happy!!!!

And wow, that's a long AIT appt, but glad it all worked out. Get some rest, enjoy all your monkeys, and we'll be waiting for more posts!!!!

lorabelle said...

So glad that you are home and all is good. It sounds like you were all troopers! 4 hours is a long time to be at AIT...Glad that is history and you can try to relax and just enjoy being home again with your family. The kids look so happy together Sara. Hope that you are feeling better soon. That trip is hard enough with out being sick! Take care.
Lora

Jen said...

Sara,
The kids all look so beautiful together. So happy you are home safe. I know how exhausting that trip can be. Good to hear that you are feeling better with every passing day. Talk to you soon,
Jen

Sarah said...

So glad to hear that you're home safe and sound! Happy Father's Day, Donnie!

Lisa said...

I'm in love with the photo of your monkeys all home together! Milana is just beautiful as are all of your kiddos!

WELCOME HOME!! Get all better and relish this crazy but amazing time!!
HUGS,
Lisa

Ruth said...

Ah, home at last! So great to see all the kids together. Congrats to your whole, big, happy family!

The Family K. said...

Welcome home! I'm so glad to hear that all the things that could have gone wrong eventually righted themsleves. Now the only thing that remains is to get you back to full health.

Seeing that Hello Kitty play area in the airport brought back memories.

And lastly, look at that daughter of yours! She's a lot taller than I thought she'd be, and oh, is she cute!

Steve n Coco said...

You did it!! Welcome home! I had to watch the part in the video where Milana goes down the slide several times because I love her reaction. So cute!!

Happy Father's Day, Donnie!

Be blessed,
Courtney

Sarah k said...

OH YES! Welcome home! And OH HAPPY DAY!!!! Congratulations my fine feathered friend! You have earned your wings in the adoption world and are now officially one of us BTDT mamas! You made it and you did with style and grace and I am SOOOOO proud of you! I love you and I missed you. Don't be shocked if I call you soon. cause.... I MISSED YOU! Love you!

Sarah k

QingLu Mama said...

Yay Sara, welcome home! I am so sorry to hear about your tummy, but so glad you finally brought Milana home. I bet the kids are all just overjoyed to have mommy & Daddy home...and to have baby sis home too! She is just a cutie and I am so glad this next part of your life can begin!

Tisra said...

HOME!!!!! Hooray! You did it! You survived, the kids survived and now the real journey- after all this stupid waiting- can BEGIN!!!! What on earth will you do with yourself now that there is no more pacing, no more waiting, no more update hopes. If you're anything like me, you kind of forget what REAL life was like! Ha!!! I will continue praying that bonding with Milana, and getting acquainted with "new normal" goes well.

Love,
Tisra

Staci said...

So happy you are home safe and sound with ALL your kids together. Hope your feeling better soon. Enjoy bonding and call if you need anything!

The family of six said...

Congratulations and welcome home! Does she really have curly hair? She is adorable!

Mama and Baba said...

I can't believe you are home already! Congratulations! I hope you are feeling better and can't wait to see more posts of your beautiful family.

Heather

Louanne said...

We have been on vacation and I am just now catching up. So happy you are home and I am going to try and catch up on all the posts I missed soon. She is adorable!!!