Monday, June 15, 2009

Day of Site-seeing

Let the Scooter Races Begin!

DaAn Park from our hotel roof Find Hubby Picture
Happy Little Army Man
Bunnies?! How did you escape Vegas? Oh you wascally wabbits.


The 50 Foot Woman who ate CKS
Oooooooooo
National Concert Hall Flavor
Happy Tired Delirious Sara at Longshan

Hello! This may be a sloppy post. It is 9 pm TW time and we were out all day. We did something a little untraditional and although we saw Chiang Kai Shek, Longshan, etc. we walked about 10 miles...just wandering. We'd hop on the MRT, get off at random stops and if we didn't find what we were looking for.... we went meandering through alleyways. Luckily, my sense of direction was there and I could find north etc. Donnie was so tired and instead of sense of direction... he was lost. He blinded followed me through all sorts of streets. Awww, isn't that trust! So we were going to find a night market, but we are exhausted. we had a taste of it while wandering after 5 pm and people just literally start setting up shop and the city gets busier and faster and more composed chaos of people just going everywhere. They were all so kind and just pleasant. No pushing, yelling, shoving, angry I gotta show you I'm tough looks that you always get in Vegas. We felt very safe and comfortable here. So enjoy the pics... I need sleep now. There is a view from the roof of our hotel (the park) as there is a small cafe up there with the cutest, smiliest, warmest Grandma who cooks you breakfast. The rest is sheer enjoyment and some sillyness. By the way...if you go to Ding Ding Pharmacy... take the taxi unless you are really adventurous during a huge torrential downpour and want to ask 5 people in wanna-be Mandarin where this address is. We did find it.... Donnie's soaked pants and all. Oh and here is a "Find the Husband" picture to keep you busy while you wait for Milana, Dad and Mom pics!

p.s. My exhaustion has gotten to me and I started a little pre-mom of four freak-out... it was more of a... I don't know anything about Milana really and how am I going to know what to feed her, etc. kind of nerves. Sleep will cure this and I'll be on top of my game tomorrow. Ha Ha like how I'm trying to booster myself.

15 comments:

Cindy said...

Okay, I think I found Donnie - is he behind one of the posts at the top center of the picture (under the arch which I assume is where you walk inside)?

You'll be a great mama for Milana...you already have so much experience and I know you love that little girl! We'll be praying for all of you.

Cindy
http://adopttaiwan.wordpress.com

Ramona said...

Hanging on to your every word here. Today is the day, right? So glad you're enjoying Taiwan. I really wish we'd done the same. Have fun and can't wait for the next post!!!

Ruth said...

Looks like you had a great day! Sleep well, Momma. Don't worry about figuring out Milana, I'm sure her foster family will give you great info, and she'll have her ways of letting you know as well. Can't wait to hear from you again!!

Sarah k said...

Awe hon... don't freak! If you need me.. call and I'll call you back! Remember?? Stick to the plan! lol... The day looks great! Wish we were there with you guys wandering those streets, but you are doing so good! UGH! I miss you!
I hate not being able to call you up and just chat about ridiculous crud!
Anyways, have a glorious sleep and a great day tomorrow!!! Getting closer! OH YEAH BABY!! And don't worry about Milana (although I know you will), she will love you guys! What's not to love sweet cheeks? You are a wonderful and sweet mama and Darling Donnie, is well.... Darling! And you are both fun as can be! It will be fine! I LOVE YOU!!!

Sarah k

Shirley H. said...

haha i'm not adventurous as you guys! and even with a map, well-planned itinerary, read chinese, i get lost too! you guys are great~

don't worry! Milana will definitely love you guys!

have fun! anticipate your next entry! with Milana in your arms!

Tammy Gregory said...

HAHAHA love the pics. It's so pretty there. PS I found Donnie in the pic. I can't wait to see Milana! Good luck and keep us posted.

KB said...

oh, I am on the edge of my seat!! Can't wait for those happy forever family pictures!! Breathe!

Kristy

Tisra said...

Sleep? SLEEP???!!! Are you serious?! How can you sleep?!!!

I am beyond excited for you!!! That sweet girl of yours is going to be in your arms and it will be fine. You will discover each other and whatever hurdles there are, whatever you *don't* know about her.... you've now got a lifetime (no deadline!) to work it all out. A lifetime! She's yours!

Praying, praying,praying,
Tisra

The Family K. said...

As I type, you may just have Milana in your arms. Can't wait to hear more and see pics of the new family. If anyone can be the best mom to four kids, it's you.

momwithfaithandhope said...

I love your sense of adventure and endurance to walk, walk, walk, walk. Probably the best cure for soon to be mom of FOUR nerves. Hope you slept like a baby! I'm getting nervous FOR YOU.

Michele M said...

Hanging on the edge of my seat waiting to see you and M together!!

lorabelle said...

Can't wait anymore...It's killen me- Have her in your arms already...
Can't wait to see pics and hear how things are going.

You are a wonderful Mom and you of all people will be able to handle what comes your way!!! Breathe-No Freakin out-
Thinkin 'bout ya!

Sarah said...

I'm sobbing. Half way around the world you have Milana, and Milana has you. Forever. Can't wait to see pics. As someone said above, you have us all on the edge of our seats. Hugs to you today, your forever family day!

Jen said...

Sara,
It's 10pm here on the 15th, 10am on the 16th in Taiwan which means I can only imagine that you have Milana with you and your hubby forever! I too am crying tears of joy for you both. I have been thinking about you constantly and can't wait for pictures of your little beauty. Enjoy every minute you have in Taiwan.
Blessings,
Jen

Staci said...

I can't stand it!! You have her by now. I have tears of joy. Can't wait to see you guys together.

Many hugs!