Monday, February 11, 2008

Owwwwww!




My brother-in-law was in a motorcycle accident 2 days ago. Someone pulled out in front of him and there was no time to stop. He doesn't remember much but one thing is for certain, despite the excruciating pain he is in right now... he is soooo lucky to be here and have no broken bones. He had to be airlifted out. The motorcycle cops that came to the scene loved his boots (kinda funny & great job with those... we like your toes). Thankfully he also wore his helmet which is not a law in his state! You go Aaron! Right now they are prepping him for surgery for his torn lateral ligament and partially torn anterior ligament. He is bruised, road rashed, and so unbelievably sore... but dang it, He's Alive!

Aaron, you are a trooper...I wince everytime I think about your pain. You are in our thoughts and prayers, I love you, and we can't wait to see you in a month. Kole will just have to go easy on ya when wrestling since he'd actually be able to pin ya... j/j. Rakel, I love you hun... you're holding up so well. I want so badly to be there for you guys right now. I love you way to much to be sitting 400 miles away just waiting for news. Uncle Airnen, get better... heal well and right and Rakel... you must eat and sleep... that is an actual necessity. Do you remember when Nika used to call you Airnen? Sending love and thoughts and prayers and good juju and no-spitting-gum-out-on-the-floor karma! Love you, Sara

3 comments:

Tisra said...

Quite the battered family lately, huh? Yuike. I'm so glad he's okay!

Tisra
adopting from Taiwan (waiting for referral)

Sarah k said...

OH my gosh Sara, it has been a rough couple of months for you guys. Call anytime sweetie. I haven't heard from you for a while! I hope all else is well. Also, congrats again on the dossier being off and on it's way! One more down!!!!

Precious Wonders and Little Monkeys said...

Aw... yes we may be like cake batter but we shall rise and be yummy again! Sorry.. just had to. I'm trying to be calm and collected in the face of adversity and just pray to be able to endure anything this life puts before me.

That means... trying to find my center... meditate and breathe... (yoga and have the kids always strive to be happy (makes it easier to cope when they are happy)...especially because I think I might have caused myself stomach pains. Eye-yi-eye... so I am going to go zen and pull the ying out of my latest yang life. Or the other way around!

Thank you guys so much for thinking of me and being a source of strength when life tosses ya around. Love ya guys!