Sunday, October 19, 2008

Disneyland!




Time to Halloween Party Disney Style! We'll be heading out west for some good old Disney fun with my husband's family (& of course the kiddos). Last year, my camera decided to only take about 4 pictures (& not very good ones at that) & quite working (but strangely just for the trip). Don't be fooled by the camera date either... that was on the frits too (it looks like we were there for a month ha ha). It started working fine back home... some kind of crazy Halloween prank or humidity thang... who-knows. This year, I'm taking a back up. We used to just go on family vacations and always forget the camera, but now I'm always trying to make up for lost time. Any photo requests!? he he

This week my agency got the TECO paperwork back and so off to court we "hopefully" go. Never count your chickens. We are getting pretty excited about Little Miss Milana coming home and I go from being extremely excited to kinda nervous. I was nervous before all the children came... I feel like I am just never prepared enough. It's like, "What, wait, they're coming... oh?!" Of course I adore having them here & have so much fun... it's just so many changes & unknowns & brilliant fun of course! I feel like I'm having our first all over again. Fumbling all over myself.

Today, I bought a beautiful scrapbook... my first. I did get a kit because I am a total novice at being scrappy. I'm hoping it'll work for Milana's lifebook. I do know though... plans with children must always be fluid so nothing is ever set in stone & this book has a lot to live up to! I am probably going to be scared to begin... it's a "wow" kind of under-taking. Cross your fingers! I also have to a separate memory book for Milana since all our children have one & I'm one those moms who tries to make things fair where I can (Since life is not fair... never has been, never will be). Next, I have to re-do the children's books and make scrappys for them... Sara's getting crafty! Actually I'm goofy... crafty is actually my husband! SHHhhhh. Who thinks I can convince him to help with the lifebook? He's just naturally talented at it (I'm probably not giving myself enough credit but really I think I'm spot on)!

Yesterday, we went to a Fall Health Festival at a hospital (normally I'm a major germ-a-phobe w/ hospitals but they have 2 entrances and closed this one down just for the fair). I was just going to check it out but the kids had a blast! They stayed for an hour and a half, trick-or-treating, snacking on ice cream cakes, balloons (we never found the face painting) and even got to do a tour through the O.R. This was Honey's hospital so I got all teary when I was in the O.R. knowing this is where she was a few short months ago (Honey, our cousin, passed away in a car accident in January). Can you imagine what those poor doctors were thinking... I'm choking back tears on a tour!?

Happy Halloween everyone!!! Have a great one since I don't know when I'll post next. My husband asked me to marry him on Halloween ten years ago... but that's another story. =0)

3 comments:

Sarah k said...

Ok.. so as you know I am so jealous about Disney... please give Uncle Mickey a big hug for me and tell him I will come as soon as I can..lol..Have a great time and really relax sweet heart! Leave all your cares behind!!! I am so excited for you guys!! Ride Haunted Mansion for me!!! It is my favorite!

Also, CONGRATS on the paperwork Hooray!!! That is so wonderful!!

And I am sorry for the bad Honey memories sweetheart. I have to say that I loved Honey too because she helped me get closer to you during those days! Silly I know. But she will always have a soft spot in my heart because of that! Love you Sara,

Sarah k
Taiwankiddo2.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

FUN!
and Happy Halloween to you ,Pumpkin.......Get it....PUMPKIN?!

Congrats on the p-work!
I know you are ready to get the little bitty home.

I can not WAIT until you can post pictures of the little cutie patootie. ;)

xoxo,
A

Louanne said...

Oh have fun. I love Disneyland and haven't been for at least 8 years.