Saturday, October 11, 2008

Fortuitous Blessing etc.

We did send our papers off to TECO (Taiwan Embassy in a way in San Fransisco). Turns out, I was accidentally sent an old instruction form & I sent the wrong amount of funds. My husband called me at 5 on Wed. (I was riding horses with the kids at a friend's house), said TECO called & we need to send $15 ASAP. TECO closes at 4:30 and they don't take credit cards.

I basically have to admit to myself that I have to overnight $15 for $30 shipping which wouldn't go out until Thursday night because I didn't think I could make the deadline for overnight shipping being this late. Also Friday is National Day (basically the day Taiwan was born in 1911 when there was the Wuchang Uprising & the Qing Dynasty collapsed) & on Jan. 1 1912, Taiwan was established. Since this is a major day, no one is there at TECO.

Fortune & blessings: My sister calls, who is in San Fran for work. I vent out the story & that I wish I could be at 555 Montgomery Street to give them $15 and she screams... "That's Half A Block Away From My Hotel!!!" It's 5:45... we have a problem... she has no cash & only a credit card but doesn't know her PIN! I quickly look up her bank online... THERE HAPPENS TO BE A MAIN BRANCH A QUARTER BLOCK AWAY AS WELL! It closes at 6 which is a neverland occurrence! I quickly google maps & try to navigate her like some SPY. She gets to the bank...4 minutes to closing! She then is navigated by me (by the way, she doesn't know which way points North & I have no idea which way she is facing).

Somehow... I get her pointed in the right direction & not only does she make it to 555 Montgomery... there is a doorman who knows our contact person!!! So she leaves the envelope & I can't stop laughing at this amazing event! How in this world did all of this fall into place?! Between half, tears & excitement & laughing... I thank my sister profusely and she goes on her way to her dinner appt (late mind you... for me).

When she arrives walking into the lobby of her hotel, her co-workers are confused as to why she didn't come down the elevator and was off wandering San Fran. "Oh I had to go to the Taiwan Embassy," she says coolly. They all scream, "Did you have to pickup the baby!?" Her answer, "Do you think I'd be here with you if I had?! Sorry, but I'd be on a plane home with my niece!" Ha ha You go Sister!!!!

So Rakel! You are so amazing and so my hero! God definitely put you in the right place at the exact moment that I needed you & then had you call me just in the nick of time! Thank you Heavenly Father! Whew! RUN RAKEL RUN!

Yes, our contact not only received the papers but called me ecstatic & amazed about how quickly the money came! Straight Miracle. Of all the places my sister could be for work training and it was indeed PERFECT timing!

p.s. I'll get to my triple tagging in my next post (that means 21 crazy facts about ME)... lucky you.. ha ha

Here's the Nika art I promised! The first was when she was 5 years old. She LOVES to paint on canvas...I think she paints MARVELOUS!


13 comments:

The Family K. said...

What an amazing story. It sounds like Someone wants you to get your paperwork through TECO.

Nika's an incredible artist. If this is what she did at 5 years old, I can't wait to see what she produces 15 years from now.

Tisra said...

Thank you, God!!! What a miracle of a story and one that Milana will, no doubt, enjoy hearing from you and her aunt in a few years' time. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

And, wow, that girl's got talent!!! Nika, GREAT JOB!

Room for More said...

WOW! I love to hear how God works out details with such amazing circumstances! What a wonderful story!

Your daughter is one talented little girl. Beautiful!!

Shannon

Sarah k said...

Ok.. First of all GO NIKA! Take it from an artsie gal.. YOU ARE WONDERFUL! I love your style, your use of color, your imagination!!!

And GO RAKEL! You are now deserving of the "super Aunt Hero" award. Your cape can be used for all "overseas niece saving situations"!!! Congratulations to you for your magnificent job!!

Sara,
I am so glad that everything went well and that the crisis was diverted! What a wonderful miracle to tell Milana years from now!!!

Sarah k
Taiwankiddo2.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh! This story is a SCREAM! I'm laughing... no make that a HUGE cackle... not a laugh. Then I'm like... no way! These people really think that there's a baby just waiting for your sister at the Taiwan Embassy??? Too funny.

Unknown said...

What a fun story, you have to write that one for the baby book :)
You daughter paints wonderfully! Way better than this 30 something lady could!

Anonymous said...

Wow!...what an amazing series of events!

And I the artwork is great!

BabyBain said...

OMG!!! That is amazing. This is a true adoption story. Everything seems seems twice as hard but afterwords you find out that it was meant to be! This is just a sign that everything will work out!

Jeri said...

Oh wow, you aren't kidding! What fabulous timing!
To Nika, girl you do paint awesomely! Those are beautiful! And here I am afraid to give my kids paint because they'll get it everywhere!

Jodi said...

WOW what an artist! I hope you have that girl in classes and lots of them! On the other hand, maybe she doesn't need classes and is a self taught genius! I am still wow-ing!
Wonderful story of perfect timing! Whaahoo for you!

Auntie Jen said...

HI! I'm a friend of Sarah K's and she told me about your daughters beautiful artwork so I just had to come over here and see it. Wow! What true talent and in someone so young. Those paintings are gorgeous! You are so blessed to have such an amazing daughter. Good luck with your processes and your babies!

Steve n Coco said...

So, I totally have tears in my eyes at your miracle story. I DO NOT believe in coincidence and I see a very specific hand of the Father in your life at that moment. WHOA. I LOVE stories like that. God wins again! Love it!!
Courtney
p.s. ummm, do you ever sell those paintings, cause I'd pay for one...wow! what an artist!!

momwithfaithandhope said...

Great story, and He is GOOD, isn't he?! Beautiful artwork too!!! Tiff