Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Fun Stuff!


Milana's foster family kindly sent a few bits about Milana and a friend of mine translated it all (SO greatly appreciated my friend). I'm not going to post a picture or everything the book says because some is private, but I can tell you a few things. By the way, this isn't an update so anyone with the same agency, don't feel left out. It came with the half contracts I received earlier. =0)

All About Milana: She "enjoys daily happiness." Happy little optimist! Loves toy telephones (ha ha) and anything that makes noise it seems. She doesn't like to be alone and sleeps with her foster momma. Good-bye crib. She likes crawling and getting into things and doesn't like when you take things out of her mouth.

On the book, on the page about her breakfast, was a tiny piece of rice that I placed tape over (I am determined to keep it forever)... it made it from her foster home to the orphanage, all the way across the ocean, to my American agency and then to me. It is the only piece of tangible item I have from her daily life in Taiwan. My husband laughed at me, but I love the rice. Maybe it fell from Milana's mouth as her foster mother juggled tasks in the morning. Maybe it's just a piece that was on someone's hand as they wrote the book. I don't know but I still love what it symbolizes... Bet you never would imagine what happiness one single grain of rice could bring.

This was so good to hear about Milana! Now we have a little more personality to imagine when looking at her photo. This book is such a blessing and you can just see how much Milana's foster family loves her. She took Milana's hands and pencil-traced them onto the front cover and then traced her hands with red marker. You can see the squiggles where Milana had a bit of trouble keeping perfectly still. I just thought that you'd like to hear about her. Thank you so much to those who helped translate and thank you to her foster family who took the time to write this, knowing how much it means to us and Milana when she gets older. Xie-xie

More Tales From The Wacky Parade
~ On another completely different topic: Hubby came home with a delightful story about the men in white coats. 2 or 3 am at the hotel: While at work, a bellman was called to bring some luggage to a guest and began walking across the lobby. He sees this woman standing in line at the closed night club wondering what she is wearing. It looks a bit rumpled and a very odd shade of white. As he gets closer, he begins to wonder if it is see-through.... closer, he notices the bouncer's face of shock and then realizes the "rumples" are saggy skin! It is a woman, a naked woman, a 90 year old naked woman... oh wait... the woman is not naked... she has beads on!

The bouncer walks over and asks the woman how she is. She says, "I'm great." and is super happy and smily! She has absolutely no clue that she is buck naked. Oh yeah, she isn't naked; she has beads on. Anyways, she had left her clothes at some slot machine. The quite large bouncer takes off his jacket and wraps it around the woman and she lets him as they wait for security. They all stand around and decide not to call 911 and call a mental hospital instead for the very out of it, very naked (not drunk), 90 year young lady. She didn't even care when they had to strap her down to the stretcher (for safety reasons). The boys just kept saying, "Man, why couldn't it have been that woman!" when a young hot girl walked by..... I say, "Beggers can't be choosers." Why did homie think she was wearing a dress?!@ There's camera tapes too. I can't wait until it's my turn. Where will naked 90 year young Sara end up?

~Oh almost forgot! My friend Andrea gave me an AWARD!!! I have to get going now to pick up my daughter from school but I'll explain later! Thank you my darling... I feel so privledged! "Oh the girl mentioned something about a check?!" Grinch =0)

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Love the update on the little one!
Can't wait to see more pictures.

Andrea

Unknown said...

I'm so happy you got some info about your sweet girl (and for the record, I'd have taped the rice too, dorky but I am right there with ya!)
It's the small stuff that we cling to when miss them in the middle of the night. Knowing she is being loved, even though it makes her loss harder when you get her, proves she can attach and love and no doubt, she's going to love you like crazy!

Steve n Coco said...

Oh, Sara! How in the world can you go from a completely sweet, completely lovely little story about Milana and a sentimental grain of rice to the wacky naked woman??!! Human roladex strikes again! I love it, that's why I continue to follow this crazy line of writing :)
Courtney
p.s. I would have done the same thing with that little grain- I love that you did that.

Corinne said...

I just found your blog from another adoption blog.I saw your family picture and realized we have a couple things in common.Its nice to find another LDS Family adopting internationally.Hope Milana comes home soon!How Exiting!

Louanne said...

That is just so wonderful. I love the rice story.

Room for More said...

I thought I'd finally comment. : ) I have been following your blog since your referral. Your new precious one is just adorable! I know I can laugh or cry OR both when I stop by your blog! I'll be looking for those Decree dates to be coming soon!

Blessings to you,
Shannon