Monday, September 22, 2008

Help Decide My Haircut







Alright everyone. It's haircutting time. Mind you... I'm not scared of hair cuts, minus a bic'd head (no shaving here). I spent most of my years chopping my hair and dying it all sorts of colors about every three months or so but motherhood has a way of slowing that down and focusing more on your little ones' needs. Right now... momma's getting selfish and doing something for her. Help me out.

Some of you may have experience with face size and what looks good on certain faces... whatever is cool with me. Just let me know in the suggestions and if you want it kept private... I will read it but delete it and not post public (which I do anyways for friends who say email them and give email addresses). So I've had the hair black, streaked burgundy and blonde, red, blonde and brown streaks, white blonde, red like Lucy, mostly within normal hair-color ranges... the blue and green hair was hubby's deal.

SO here's the requirements: cut suggestions and color suggestions and that's it. Oh and my face has good tone coloring that usually goes with most colors. I'm a Danish, Irish, English, Welsh, French mix with olive-ish skin tones so that may help with color (although with the ten kids we ended up with the rainbow colors). And my hair has slight natural wave that I usually straighten (and I'm talented with hair equipment and supplies so don't be afraid to mention a time consuming cut just because I look pretty drab in this pic.)

The pictures are ones my kids took for before and after pics... the kissy face is actually a zerbit and I thought it was cute... and Nika is enjoying the rain that never ever comes to Vegas! Gosh that top picture looks very depressing... yes, I know I should find time to do my hair... but I wanted to be realistic for the picture and put what I look like when I'm in a hurry.

I thought this would be a fun way to decide on something that is always hard to decide because I LOVE everything!

EDIT: Realized I should probably give you an idea of what my head may look like with other cuts. Here's a short short, a black, a basic brown with some chunky blond (bad pic), a red and a fairly blond layered thing. Okay the black was a bit much and sucked to get out so that should probably be avoided. I just realized my children didn't get any of their photogenic talents from me. ha ha There's more hair cuts but the pictures are just too bad to post. Trust me. Oh and if you look closely at the bottom pic... my Dad is sticking his tongue out at ya.





8 comments:

Sarah said...

I vote for a reverse bob... shorter on the back and angled longer in the front... with highlights. If you want to get really wild, maybe have it asymetrical... with one side shorter than the other. Ooooh! I like you blonde with highlights. :)

William's Family said...

You could rock any hairdo in any color. What immediately came to my mind was a short-cut, spikey blond look. Not many people have the spunk, daring, and character necessary to pull this off, but if anyone does, it's you.

Jeri said...

You know, I think you're really cute in some, very pretty in others. It seems that you could do anything and you're still going to look great. I like the last one in the blue tshirt. I like the black, but you look tough, like a biker chick! haha And the really short is fun and funky, but I tend to like longer hair on women. Of course you could always let your kids pick! But you'd have to be really brave!

Room for More said...

I think you would be pretty medium auburn with some very fine copper streaks so it looks natural with sun streaks. I like the length on you where you are wearing the black tank top--dusting your shoulders a good bit. You really look good in all the pics, but the auburn would be my pick. I do believe I have been every color you have! Maybe, I'll post my 'hair history' someday. Let us know what you decide!

Shannon
http://thisisouradoptionjourney.blogspot.com/

Sarah k said...

Ok.. I like the last hair cut and maybe go dark and mysterious again! I really like that! I am going to try to get you some links for a hair cut for you.. not too short and not too long!!!

Andrea said...

My fav was the Auburn with the red shirt. Great cut..Easy...it can be casual or you can spiff it up for evening. I have had that one and I loved it... OR you could just do like me and stop cutting everything but your bangs....:)

A

Anonymous said...

I like the style in the last picture...looks easy and carefree! (But, then, I thought the photo on top looked great too...when you thought differently!)

Looks like you can wear a REALLY wide range styles all with equal ease and grace!

(BTW, in regards to your comment on my blog...my little sister was a vegetarian all through high school and college and is BRILLIANT...lot higher IQ than anyone else in our family has ever had! You can find a study to say anything you want it to say!...but, my husband sure jumped on THAT study with enthusiasm!)

Monica said...

I like the last pic best.... i definitely think blonde highlights and maybe collarbone or shoulder length with some long layers. Good Luck! :)