Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Words of Wisdom

My Goodness you all have such great words of wisdom. I hear people say all the time, "Nothing I say will make it better."... but it does and it did and I can't thank you all enough for keeping me in your thoughts =0). When I felt really low...I had to get out all the negative energy, so I cried and pouted to all of you. That made a difference but the biggest difference was from you. I didn't expect everyone to send all these sweet wishes. I not only had my feelings of frustration validated but I also received so many different words of comfort, stress-relief techniques, words of encouragement, examples of being "not alone" and it still works out and mostly examples of adoption is ordained by God. Every child everywhere is so deserving of a home; not one more than the other... ALL! Ours will come home. When I was so very low and lost my way, you found me. Love you guys. These words are words that helped me and I'd like to share because I feel others are in need as well. (p.s. if I accidentally left yours out... I still loved them and it's just cause my dog is eating my toes and jadyn is now clicking around)

"I know that horrible ache- the feeling that says "things will never move along". But that is a LIE. Don't believe it."

"This process is NOT for the weak-hearted and that is why God chose us to be where we are hon. HE must believe that you and I are very capable of this weight."

"I know your pain!" "We're thinking of you" "Hugs to you" "I hope you get the fast judge and from now on everything is quick and smooth!"

"Take heart that cases in the Tainan courts seem to have picked up speed."

"The wait makes room in your heart for the overwhelming love that swells in it the second you get to see her and touch her in real life. Your sweet little baby girl's heart is being prepared for you to be her forever family "

"I'm sorry this wait has been so tough and so LONG. You just let it all out!!"

"I can only offer you my thoughts, prayers and hopes that things will come together soon."

"Don't ask God to move your Mountain..... Just ask him to help you climb it.

I love you, sister girl.
Your babies are out there.
God has chosen you to parent a child that you did not give birth to.
It is an honor.
Remember that and be patient.
God will send your child."

Hope no one minds me posting their words... I just love them and feel very loved like a little kid wrapped in a blanket hot outta the dryer.

See... everything you say can make it better, even just saying "I'm listening". No, the papers are not here but I feel better because you cared. I have to thank everyone and especially a few people who privately told me that I HAVE to make it through this and to basically "suck it up". I LOVE it!! It made me laugh and smile. God has a purpose that I don't understand and while I can kick and scream... it's only going to make things worse. I have to relinquish control and listen to His will and not my own. Maybe that's why He had me lose my voice earlier.... that's the epiphany I received in church Sunday, my voice is gone because I need to learn to listen. So even if I go mute, I'm going to be thankful for everything else I have... thankful for every moment and every learning experience no matter how tough or heartbreaking. So I am writing this especially for you as a thank you and for anyone else who is sitting there needing upliftment (ha ha I have to leave this now but my friend says it's not a word... I also make up words just by adding -age... wordage, foodage ha ha). YOU CAN DO THIS! Now take a deep breath and smile.

Okay... if you are not smiling yet... Hubby cuddling with a koala.... actually burnt hubby cuddlin a koala... Australia sun can be brutal.

3 comments:

Tisra said...

You are sooooo right...the words themselves are what help. No, it won't "fix" it, but knowing that so many are caring and praying does uplift. You said 'upliftment', I'll give it to you- but you know that isn't a word. Ha! :-) Should be, though. :-)

I will keep praying that your sweet daughter makes her way to you (fast, please, Jesus!)

And, um, what do I have to do to be able to cuddle with a koala?!

Sarah k said...

I am so glad that you have had so much support and love Sara. For some of us the well can get really dry when it comes to that! You are so blessed to have Milana and all these gals to love on you when times are tough. I am just honored to be a part of it all and to be a shoulder to cry on and another voice cheering when things go right! LOVE YA GIRL!

Steve n Coco said...

Yes, Sara! Yes, yes YES! I'm going to bookmark this for the time when I am feeling the same way. This online community is so amazing-- and that is what it truly is, a community. We lift each other up, we make each other laugh, we give encouragement because, really, there is no other experience quite like adoption and we NEED each other. As for your voice, it reminds me of Zechariah before the birth of John. And look what he ended up with when it was all over with!

Be blessed, my friend! I'm sure I'll be calling on you when the time comes...
Courtney