Thursday, September 11, 2008

Human Roladex

I was explaining this to my friend once and she said, "Okay, let's just move on because you're freaking me out!" ha ha Previously I posted about being bummed and thought... what cheers me up? I love pictures... so that brought us to koala's. I was then asked where one could hold a koala so I answered that in my blond post. Next... the koala's reminded me of kangaroos and from there we jumped to bats and spiders. Yep.

My husband calls me the human roladex or keeper of all useless facts. My mind is very busy and flips from one thought to the next very quickly. I remember almost every phone number (lucky husband) but short term memory sometimes bogs like people's names and even faces. I remember things very strangely as well... almost like 100 degrees of separation. Everything connects so if I lose you on something, don't worry, it's not just you! I also used to read the encyclopedia for fun (animal encyclopedia's, Britannicas, etc.). We didn't have much money as a child (never cable tv) and I was too restless for tv & movies anyways. I was a nature child... about the only thing that calmed me down.

I can't help but rattle when I'm stressed and typing helps de-stress-ify my being. So sorry but at least I don't hide anything! What you read... is what you get. ha ha

In other news: My agency let me know that the orphanage asked for the contracts to be fedex'd back to them. Hey, that makes me happy... any movement makes me happy. I'll take what I can get! So WOOHOOO! No word on anything else though. No timeline or even if they are re-doing them... but they must have a plan now? Right?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

RIGHT! :)

Andrea said...

Hey Roladex! Ya got an award over at my place!
Come & check it out.

A

Steve n Coco said...

Oh, I totally followed your train of thought... maybe I'm as crazy as you!! Or maybe I've just been reading your blog for long enough that I know things may not be completely and clearly connected. Anyway, it made me laugh!

Yay for movement, by the way!
Courtney