Thursday, November 20, 2008

Friends' Final Rulings

I have fantastic news from my friends Sarah W http://journeytohannahclaire.blogspot.com/ and "L" (no blog, not her thing =0) ... they have their final rulings and they will be going to pick up their children in about a month and a half! This is so wonderful to hear about families meeting their loved ones for the first time. Sarah waited oh so long (which was heartbreaking to watch) and "L" had a surprise shock of a case that was destined to take forever but fate changed destiny to bring "baby in the corner" home sooner! ;0) Congratulations and may you have safe fun travels.... now get packing!!!! =0)

Thanks everyone for giving me words of comfort... Tiff http://blessedwithsweetpeas.blogspot.com/ wrote about how the days just seem sooo long while she waited... which for me, has strangely been a blessing in disguise. My children have grown up extra slowly these last 2 years and I've been loving it. Every moment I have with them, I think about how Milana would be joining in this way or that way and it makes the moments with my children so much more special and the hugs and squishes so much longer, the bedtime stories & daytime stories more plentiful & the laughter ring through my house like music. I've said "no" less (when it's just not important to say no), I've lost my temper less and we've had fun together preparing for Milana to come home. The only one who probably had it the hardest was hubby! He had to endure days and nights of me talking about adoption related issues while I sorted them out in my head. Sorry... I love you Mister. When friends receive final news, it seems to make me reflective & think about what's important. =0)

Anyways... Congrats again to those Mommies & Daddies who will be seeing their little ones so very soon. Big Hugs & much XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO.... oh and those you can spread the wealth and give some to your babies! =0)

2 comments:

Sarah k said...

There is a seat for you and I hope and pray it is next to me! Sara, my beautiful friend, I love you dearly. I know that right now the clock ticks like a town's clock tower, loudly and clearly those seconds sound off and you are left holding pictures and hope. Well honey, that hope is contagious and I hear you! The honor of sharing these precious moments with you snuggle into my heart and my mind. And I thank God for every day I hear your voice and see you in font. I want to give you a hug, for you and I sit mutually right now. Our children there and us here. No words can take your sadness away but I can say, "it is coming to you too sweet Sara, and I am proud of you for your strength." I love you!

Sarah k.
Taiwankiddo2.blogspot.com

lorabelle said...

Your posts are so uplifting! Here you are waiting for what feels like forever and yet you still find the good and you are able to pull out the positive. I'm proud of you and your strength too! It's so refreshing to hear you say that you've been able to find ways to enjoy more of the time spent with your children at home with you now, as you wait to bring home your daughter. It won't be much longer... I think you should go Christmas shopping for Milana as well. If she isn't home for Christmas morning, She can open them when she comes home!
Have some fun!!!
Hugs,
Lora