Monday, November 10, 2008

Squid.



That's right, squid! My husband brought home from work Squid Jerky from Taiwan. Prepared Shredded Squid. Okay the smell is pretty gross. Nika thought it was nasty, but HELLO... she ate it!!! I thought it tasted A LOT better than it smelled. It was salty, and had a very strong taste like Sardines but it wasn't bad. It pulled apart fairly easy and was slightly chewy. I don't do slimy well, which this wasn't. I actually was going to try more but my husband was laughing at me for making weird faces & he said it stunk. He made me chuck it... I was planning on continually eating it until I grew accustomed to the taste (but I had an empty stomach which usually isn't best to try new foods with). It really wasn't bad.... for salty, dry sea animal.

This is a picture of Kole and a giant solar system floor puzzle, which we borrowed from his preschool. WOW! Kids love floor puzzles! Even Nika & my 10 year old neice loved it. Hint to parents... buy or borrow floor puzzles. We've borrowed about 3 and his school has about 20. Nnnniiiice!



Here we have the newest ice skating Olympic Champions: Jadyn and Nika! They really were pretending to ice skate.

6 comments:

Ramona said...

Mmmm, I love dried squid! Unfortunately it DOES stink and it makes you stink, too. No pain, no gain! I saw Milana's pictures on the Yahoo Group - what a cutie! In the 4th pic I think she looks a lot like Lucy M.

momwithfaithandhope said...

I love Ika! Dried Squid. Yes, it does smell, but I can eat oodles of it. It's not cheap though! Cute Ice Skating princesses you have there! Can't wait to Milana dressed up!

Room for More said...

squid, hmmm? I might try it if I have to? The ice skaters are having fun!

Sarah said...

You are SO brave. I've seen these in Asian grocery stores but I'm not crazy... um... I mean cool enough to try!

QingLu Mama said...

I am impressed you all ate that, squid is not yet on my list of likes... I also enjoy the unidentifiable pics, can't wait to see how beautiful she is in one whole piece!
Jennifer (JOH)

Sarah k said...

Squid? Very brave Nika! You go girl!!! There are lots of dried fishy things there! You'll see! Everywhere!
I love the pictures! Go Kole!!! Great job! And The girls look so pretty in the their "ice skating" outfits!

Sarah k.