Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Unidentifiable Picture Update




We have pictures! And measurements! And Teeth! And HAIR! Milana is 23.3 pounds and 33 inches which on the U.S. charts is 23% for weight and 55% for height...that's really good in my book considering circumstances and my son was 15% for a while in the weight department. So here are unidentifiable pics courtesy of Sarah K! Thanks hun and much love and fast court wishes, prayers & hopes for us all.

Milana is modeling..... Our Outfit We Sent Her!! She is munching on a lovely scrumptious pop-tart thing that has cream filling in another picture. And she is totally scoping out the picture book we sent of our family (very intently... wonder what she is thinking). Needless to say... we are in love!

I woke up early (5 am) on Tues... hoping for pics but they weren't there yet. I didn't want to wait all day so I turned off the pc. Sarah W. calls me at 7 am and i run to get my cell phone because I left it in my son's bedroom (oops) and it is a loud Punk song ringer. haha Boy slept through it! Anyways, she says, Turn on your pc.. NOW! And there she was! 5 pics total and she is just a bundle of joy. You can tell she is taken care of well and is happy (which is bittersweet...I know she'll miss her foster family more than words; and boy will she show me in more than words, I expect).

Of course, I started to cry when my sister started to cry about how sweet it was to see her and then Nika started crying because she missed Milana and wanted her home. Comforting Nika was good for me... good to hear myself say, "We're almost there." And we are: our agency said that our papers were recorded in St. Lucy's (the orphanage) last week and that they are filing everything on time.... which means we are in court. Now we wait but hopefully not too long for the judge to say, Yes! She is your little girl! Until then Milana, stay happy healthy and safe. Big Kisses and Mama Bear Hugs... love you.

7 comments:

The Family K. said...

So very happy for you that you have some udpates and pictures. I know that having the real thing in your arms is far, far better, but in the absence of your daughter, those update photos are a thing to treasure.

Sarah k said...

WOO HOO!!! Good news is welcome news!!! I love love love good news for you guys!! AND fast and speedy magical dust all over your site!!!!!

Love you
Sarah k

momwithfaithandhope said...

What a tear jerker! Milana is so loved and you are so blessed to be welcoming her to your family. May the court process be speedy!!!

Unknown said...

still new to your blog but this is a beautiful post. we are waiting for our daughter from china

Steve n Coco said...

YAY for Milana pictures!! Come on, court rulings!

Be blessed,
Courtney

lorabelle said...

You really are getting close now and I sure hope that it isn't much longer. I know that the wait at this stage is just a killer...
Know that we are all excited for you and wait for your updates right along with you okay...
What you can share of the pictures is very sweet and what you can tell us sounds extremely positive. She might be sad when she has to say goodbye to her foster family, but it won't take her long to realize that you're family is right where she belongs! She will thrive on all of the attention and love that she receives, just you wait and see!

Room for More said...

What an update! Every 'part' of her is precious! I'm praying for those court rulings!