Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Stomach Bug Fairy

AHHH! One of my least favorite fairies came to visit last night: The Stomach Bug Fairy. You know the one that likes to wake up your child right after you've fallen into a deep sleep and have them stumble to your room, put their face next to yours and whisper 4 sweet nothings, "Mom, I threw up."

Poor Nika... poor bunk bed & floor... even Luke Skywalker riding in the Barbie car with his newest babe got obliterated. I spent last night up helping her & this morning my mother and I laughed about the times my siblings and I got sick as a kid. My mom said I was too young to remember but there was a great one when I lived in California where about 7 kids all got sick. She threw us in one room with blankets and buckets covering the floor! At least we can laugh.

Now I just hope it's the rota virus. Why? Jadyn had that vaccine. The symptoms seem to lessen each time a person gets it and I KNOW Nika and Kole have had it. Cross fingers as we wait out 10 days of contamination and incubation.

Okay next post is about tattoos... it has to wait.

6 comments:

The Family K. said...

Awww... poor girl. I hope she gets better soon and that the virus doesn't spread.

Tisra said...

Consider it the big cleansing before Milana comes home! I was always happy to get sickness out of the way when I was in that last month of pregnancy. I figured, "all the better to get the germs over and done with before the new little life joins us". Poor Nika, though. :-(

Room for More said...

so sorry! I will be praying she is back on her feet soon!!

Expecting Good Things said...

Hope you guys feel better soon. Being sick is never fun. Its that time of year though. So funny about them whispering the 4 sweet nothings. (Mom, I threw up.) Made me laugh.
Holli
www.expectinggoodthings.blogspot.com

lorabelle said...

Being sick stinks! Hope she is feeling better soon... Your posts are always so funny, even when they're serious and someone is sick. Love your humor! Hope she is feeling better soon!
Lora

Steve n Coco said...

AW! Poor kiddo!! I hope she's feeling better quickly and nobody else gets it... there's just nothing worse.