Saturday, February 21, 2009

Danger of Commercials

Beware of Capri-Sun commercials. I was walking around my kitchen and my feet kept sticking to the floor. I looked at my socks and there was sticky stuff all over the bottom. I can't really see anything so I stoop to the ground and rub the floor... something sticky alright. It's everywhere, all over the whole thing... like a mop of sticky swabbed the deck.

I knew it wasn't Jadyn, she had been asleep for two hours... Nika was at school... Kole was the only one left. So I ask, "Kole did you spill your juice that I gave you earlier?" "Sorry mom." My turn, "But Kole it is all over the kitchen; did you squish the package and walk around the kitchen pouring it on the floor?"

Kole's response: "Well, I was disturbed by the tv... I'm sorry but it disturbed me into doing it. I jumped on the Caprisun when I stuck it on the ground and ... I'm sorry, the juice jumped out and sprayed all over... but not like the Caprisun commercial when he jumps on it and I couldn't stop it.. but I'm sorry I was just disturbed by the tv. But it didn't do it like the tv... then my clothes didn't go burrrghggghh and then fly and then whoosh & then respect it.... Mama... I didn't respect the pouch, I'm sorry"



After posting this, I let the children watch it and explained that you don't step on your juice... all the while, Jadyn is jumping up and down, Nika is giggling and Kole is saying in a deep voice, Respect the pouch, Respect it! There are dangers in them r commercials!

13 comments:

Ramona said...

This is absolutely hillarious! It's amazing to me how 'out of the box' little people think! ROTFL

lorabelle said...

OMG! I'm laughing so hard right now!!! TOO funny Sara...
Trust me when I say that I hear and see a lot around my house. Sometimes I'm still in awe and disbelief that I have 4 kids and 3 of which are BOYS. My boys have tried so many things that they have seen while watching the tv, that I'm ashamed I have it on as much as I do! Now I just have to keep up with Allie because she tries everything she see's the boys doing! EVERYTHING!!!
That would be a good post actually... Perhaps I'll work with that over the next week or so!
Respect the pouch!!!
Lora

The Family K. said...

Ha ha! I love his use of the word "disturbed." Thanks for sharing the story.

Tisra said...

No he didn't! OH MY! That is tooo funny! And his vocabulary! Oh Sara... isn't that one of those parenting moments where you want to scold, but you can't help but laugh?! Ha!

Tisra
waiting for Dorothy
http://lifetrain.blogspot.com
www.tisrafadelyoriginals.etsy.com

Sarah k said...

LOLLLOLLLLOL... RESPECT THE POUCH!!!!!! Ok.. that is too flipping funny Sara! I remember you mentioning it to me but had to put it together with the commercial to get the full effect!!! THIS IS GREAT! Of course not for your socks! Or the floor but holy moo cow that is funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I love it!!!! Kole.... you will respect the pouch now right???

Sarah k

Michele M said...

Oh no....!! What a sticky mess.

Room for More said...

I am sorry, this is hilarious! I absolutely HATE sticky floors. I can sympathize for sure! I am glad he didn't have a friend over and they were both jumping on their Capri Suns! EEK!

Ruth said...

Oh my! Since I didn't have to clean up the mess, I find this hilarious! We hadn't seen the commercial at our house - thank goodness. As it is, Elli is asking for Sinupret, and a Snuggie blanket, thanks to commercials. She can quote the Snuggie commercial word for word and informed my husband & I that "it even comes with a light" - oh my...
Sorry for your mess - and thanks for sharing!
Ruth

Steve n Coco said...

THAT IS SO FUNNY!!! I love it! I love that he was "disturbed" by the tv... oh my goodness.

QingLu Mama said...

This is too funny! He respects that pouch now I bet!
I got Simone a lunchable once with an airheads candy in it and she kept telling me, and reasuring herself, that her head was not going to blow up like a balloon if she ate it.
I am still laughing at the thought of this story all coming together on that sticky floor...Yikes!
Jennifer

momwithfaithandhope said...

That is too flippin' funny!!! I've never seen that commercial, and thank goodness Peyton hasn't either!!! Hope the clean up time was worth the post!!! Seems worth it since you've got all of us ROTFL!

Lisa said...

OM goodness....that is hilarious. I had to share this one with my hubby too! "Respect the pouch"....grinning big here.... Words to live by.....the sticky floor though...ugh!

Hang in there Mama!!
Hugs,
Lisa :)

Tamara said...

OMG - I caught my kids both throwing a juice pouch on the floor and smooshing it not too long ago and I was like - what on earth are you two doing and where would you get an idea like that? And they both just looked at me like - what mom - that's what they do on the Capri Sun commercial. They later called me into the room to see it. It took weeks to break that habit. Commercials ARE dangerous :)