Monday, February 9, 2009

Street Beat

Okay, I saw something driving down the street that made me giggle a bit. I saw a patrol car pull over and out jumped a 70+ year old Police man. I had to take a double look. There were no other patrol officers in the car. I guess I expected the city patrol people to not be someone who looks like I need to help him cross the street. I think it's great for him to be working and feeling that healthy and brave. I have to include brave... Vegas streets are not that easy. It just gave me a chuckle. I hope he's wanting to work and not just going out of police retirement because of the economy. I'm still trying to imagine him passing the physical exam.... he must seriously ROCK. I mean... he didn't have BACK-UP! I hope he stays safe... bless his hips & knees! That man is risking everything to be dedicated to our safety! And he's breaking down walls and stereotypes. You Go Dude.

p.s. Still having a bit of a cry-fest here and there so maybe this is why this is so funny.

p.s.s I know people talk about ladybugs being lucky& seeing one being lucky, but do you think it counts that I found a dead one at the bottom of my grape package ?!@#$ (that's not a link... the pc won't let me us @ like that without giving a link... go figure)

5 comments:

Room for More said...

Sara-Sofa, I am so praying for your little one's paperwork to MOVE! I know I have no idea yet what you are going through, but know that I am praying! A dead ladybug? good grief! I'll be praying you are swarmed with live ones very soon!! ; ) Too funny on the geriatric officer! Hang in there this week. I am an e-mail away! skrobison AT sbcglobal DOT net

Sarah k said...

Honey.. I know this is hard! I am praying that you get travel soon and that God will step in where others dare not trod! I love you and I hate that you feel this way. You know that and you know how I feel about this all. I just wish that it wasn't happening to such a sweet friend!!!

On the other side.. that WAS FUNNY! I told you earlier it was funny honey!! I was chuckling when you slipped it in my email!!! Hang in there sweetheart and know that news can come at anytime!!! Even the weekends!!! LOVE YOU!!!! Call anytime you need me!!

Sarah k

Did I say I love you???? Cause it's true!!!

lorabelle said...

Sara,
I'm thinking about you darlin! There isn't anything I can say to make it better for you and I'm just sorry because I hate this for you!!!
As for your funny, I wish that you could have taken his picture. That would have been priceless to put on your blog!

Tisra said...

Sara,

I hit a dove with my car on my wedding day. No joke! I most certainly do not believe in the ladybug thing, yet I believe that Milana is coming home soon. Forget that stupid dead ladybug!!!!

Tisra
waiting for NOC for Dorothy from India
http://lifetrain.blogspot.com
www.tisrafadelyoriginals.etsy.com

Lisa said...

Hugs to you on this crazy bumpy ride!! I wouldn't worry about that ladybug either.....coincidence only!!

I love that you keep so upbeat and positive and I know its going to be rewarded with your sweet girl coming home soon!!
HUGS!!
Lisa C.