Friday, May 15, 2009

Booked Tickets!

Milana Monkey! You fit right in with all my other monkeys!


Milana, I love Cream too.

Alright! Thanks everyone for your kind words. A sweet friend of mine said I sounded like I was an Oscar winner giving a speech. hee hee I'm not even sure I remember what I wrote.

Okay so here is the travel-low-down. 13th Leave America! 14th arrive nice and stinky and sleepy. 15th survive Jetlag and the 16th Meet Milana! 17th AIT... 18th free day. 19th pickup Visa and then fly home. AIT closes for Tues. and Thursday for some summer hours it seems so we have an extra day that I didn't count on with Milana in TW for site-seeing. Any ideas of fun things to do with kiddos, let me know.

Also booked the hotel in Chinese last night. Took two hours to translate but all good now! It was very funny imaging how many people try to book their hotels online in a language and characters that they can't decipher. Yes, I could have gone to an online booking company that writes in English but hey, why not go the adventurous route and see what happens.? Just kidding, the real reason was I wanted a specific room and could only be absolutely sure I booked it through the website. Every broker we went to only made it seem like we would only get a double size bed... uh no, we want the king.

We are staying at the Dolamanco. Never heard of it... yeah me neither but I like it! I found it about 8 months ago and kept on eye on it. It used to have reservations in English so I had already made an account with them with a log in etc. Good thing too because no more English for me after a few months.

This hotel is small, about 30 rooms and across from a giant park. It doesn't cost much at all but is considered in the mid-range price on all the websites. We'll let you all know how it goes and if anyone wanting to save some moolah can benefit. Also, we're from Vegas, the land of excessive amenities and some of the best hotels in the world... we just need a room and to bring our daughter home. Shoot, compared to those hospital rooms where I first met my other children... this place is a mansion. Oh, and it is on the same road as AIT about a block away... with my over planning self... I have to make our AIT appt., rain, typhoon, or bad Taiwan traffic!

Next comes more packing. I have quite the list of things that I've been packing away. I'm really good at organizing though and bringing essentials (ok and a few pieces of the kitchen sink). I'll post a rough draft for you all later... so you can tell me what I've left out or you can have a list for yourself. =0)

Happy Day!

6 comments:

Michele M said...

So happy you are booked.

Be sure to take Milana to the Zoo. It is great.

Your hotel is so close to the park and to the Flower & Jade market. You can walk there and spend as much time as you need which will be great. We were pressured for time and didn't get as much as I would have liked.

Hoping you have a great flight and good weather!

Cindy said...

So exciting!! Please tell me how your hotel is. . .I can't wait to follow your journey and see Milana with you!

Cindy
http://adopttaiwan.wordpress.com

The Family K. said...

We never went, but I've heard the Children's Museum in the Eslite building near Taipei 101 is really fun for toddlers. It's very hands on and has lots of kid-friendly exhibits. While there, check out the Eslite kids' bookstore and pick up some Chinese DVDs and fun books for Milana and your other kids. They also have several children's boutiques and toy stores in the same building.

Yay! The light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter and brighter every day.

momwithfaithandhope said...

How exciting!! We didn't get to do much with Gracyn, so no ideas on how to have fun with the kiddos. Zoo looked awesome! Did you get anything in the mail yet???

Ruth said...

Yay!!! How exciting. We took Ryan to the zoo - it's a great zoo, definitely recommend. Really like Sarah W's idea about going to places like Sun Yat Sen & Shang Kai Shek memorials & getting picks of Milana there. We didn't do that, now wish I had. Have fun with your plans!!
Ruth

Shirley H. said...

Wow!

Yes.. Zoo is a must go! They had pandas which i missed it when i last went there.. =(

If you need help in translating you can find me.. hehe~