Monday, May 11, 2009

Invitation to Travel and Introducing Milana! Finally!



This is our precious Milana Lee Hsiu Yu... making her marvelous debut into our world on ...
TUESDAY, JUNE 16th!!! AIT will greet us on WEDNESDAY, JUNE 17th and all our family will be together on FRIDAY, JUNE 19th 2009 (late after flying in reverse time zone wise)!!! We WILL have Milana in our arms!

Join me, will you, in feeling the amazing rush of "FINALLY"! I checked the email.
Started screaming, WE HAVE TRAVEL across the house. Rush of adrenalin, excitement, and blabbering. Here we had an email asking to confirm dates and instead of just immediately replying yes, we virtually sat blabbering about travel until we realized... do that later! Just email the biggest fattest YES ever!

Then came... let's celebrate and get food... too much happiness and all... I got nauseous... what?! Nauseous? Who gets nauseous when they hear good news? I guess I do. Then I had to lie down and breathe. Goodness I seem so weak! Nika seemed stunned and just kept following me around like a sheep. She had that Pongo look from 101 Dalmations where he just had 15 puppies. I'll have to have an age appropriate celebration for her tomorrow and what I mean by that is not watching her mommy go into crazy emotion happy buzz where she is just oblivious to all going on around her. Oh you want to dump my favorite plant in the garbage, go ahead. Oh you want to flush Star Wars toys down the toilet and pretend they are in a black hole, how nice. J/j that didn't happen but it could have.

I can't believe we are ACTUALLY GOING! FOR REAL! I just keep smiling and laughing and shaking my head. My husband and I feel so happy and relieved. Just wait until the kids really get it tomorrow! Okay I need some brownies or mint ice cream or something (yeah it's 11 o'clock at night). After 1 year and 10 days... we will have Milana in our arms! AAAHHHHH

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!? Oh and I have to do a speech of some kind and say thank you to all the people that had the utmost patience with me as we waited. I can never express my gratitude for all your uplifting words and encouragement when I was very low. Thank you... you never know just how much your words carried me. I have to thank FEC and SLC for struggling and plunking away at this hard case but never giving up and making this a success. To my waiting friends... come along with me... I have room in my suitcases... we can just forgo clothes right? It's for the good of our babies! just joking... about forgoing clothes that is... I really want you to come.

MY little Milana is coming home, OUR little Milana is coming home.

Please enjoy a few pictures I have received over the past year, and smile and cry along with me and thank our Heavenly Father for a most precious angel indeed.

Milana scoping out her family for the first time.

Our First Glimpse of Milana. About 13 months old.
Milana about 18 months old wearing the outfit we sent her and the book of family photos... she looks like she is very inquistively asking, "Now what do I do with this?" Daddy thinks and keeps teasing me that she will love pop tarts... I don't like pop tarts. He's usually right on things like that though.
Milana and her first update photo... so cute in her styling matching hat, shirt and capris that the foster family dressed her in! They have cute fashion taste... nice! about 17 months
Milana visiting the orphanage complete with locks that scared me at first... I thought she had curly hair and I don't have any children with curly hair. I was certain I would screw her hair up. Then I realized it had to be curled... wait a minute... those are extensions! Milana... you so ROCK that look! She was 22 months in this picture.
And we get to love on you in one month... see you soon, Love Mommy, Daddy, Nika, Kole, and Jadyn. AH HA... I CAN SAY SOON AND MEAN IT!

35 comments:

Unknown said...

More beautiful words were never spoken! Congratulations Little Monkey family!!

Mel said...

congratulations!! finally THE day has come. your baby girl is beautiful!
god bless,
mel

Ruth said...

Aaahhhh! CONGRATULATIONS!! FINALLY, the post I have been waiting for! I am so excited for you!! She is a beauty and a sweetie, I am sure. Have fun and savor every minute of this exciting time..

Ruth

Sarah said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! I think you might be able to hear me screaming all the way from Vegas! FINALLY!!!

Cramber said...

Awww...she is gorgeous! I am so happy for you guys!!! Have lots of fun planning your trip :)

Our Second Miracle said...

Congratulations!! Your daughter is so beautiful! Have a wonderful trip!

KB said...

Yay Sara!!! Congratulations! Can't wait to follow along all the way to Taiwan!!

Michele M said...

YIPPEE, Hooray, WooHoo.....FINALLY!!!


So so so so happy for you. You are going girl to get that precious child. Can't wait to see her in your arms!!

Over the moon for you!!

Expecting Good Things said...

FINALLY! You SO deserve any screamming or rambling or anything you want to do because waiting 1 year was TOO LONG. I'm SO happy for you and I will be stalking your blog in June! :)
Holli

The Family K. said...

Praise the Lord Almighty for this wonderful news, for the beautiful child on the other side of the world, for giving you that one extra ounce of strength you needed ot make it through the horrid wait. I am so, so happy for you. Now go pull the zipper shut on that suitcase you've had packed for 11 months!

Ramona said...

BIG BIG BIG Congratulations! She is an absolutely gorgeous baby! Can't wait to follow your journey. :)

Tisra said...

I am elated for Milana!!!! She is coming into such a wonderful family- with an amazing mom! And I am thrilled for you- praising the Heavenly Father- YOU ARE GOING TO TAIWAN!!!! FINALLY!!!!

QingLu Mama said...

WOOOHOOOOOOO!!!! I am so excited for you and your family, this is just the greatest news!! And she is absolutly adorable, too! Get those bags packed Sara, June 16th will be here before you know it and Milana will FINALLY be where she belongs! I am beyond happy for you...what a long road you had to take, but at last!!
Congrats to you!

Cindy said...

Finally!!!! Yippee...take me with you, please! I am so excited for your family and sweet Milana! I love all of the photos and can't wait to see photos of you with her. It won't be long now!!

Congratulations!!

Cindy
http://adopttaiwan.wordpress.com

Tamara said...

Big Congrats,

I'm so happy this day has finally come for you!!! June 16th is our finalization date here in court, so that is a big day for us too!

Your daughter is just gorgeous! Can't wait to see her with you!

lorabelle said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!I can't quit sobbing with excitement...It is so wonderful to FINALLY be able to see her pictures on your blog and know that it will only be a matter of days before she is in your arms. My words can't express how thrilled I am for you and your family Sara. Talk with you soon!

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

OH MY GOSH! I am crying and doing a Happy dance all SILENTLY as Noah sleeps in the crib close by! YIPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I know you are over the moon with excitement! :) I am SOOOOOOO happy for you :) Congrats! Hey if you catch a glimpse of my boy Jeremiah while at SLC give him a kiss and tell him Mommy is coming as SOON as she can! :) Can't wait to see that sweetness IN YOUR ARMS! Congrats Mama!
Blessings,
Tami
Mama to Celeste, Noah, and Jeremiah
PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

Robin said...

Oh, she is just so sweet. I am so happy that you are finally able to bring Milana home. Yeah!!!

Unknown said...

Woo Hoo! I am so happy for you. Can't wait until mid-June for your Taiwan adventure! Congratulations!
Sandy

Andrea said...

WOOOOHOOOOO!
PERFECT SUMMER YOU GOT PLANNED, MAMA!

xoxo,
A

Shannon R said...

YIPPPPEEEE!! You ARE going!! She is absolutely beautiful and those extensions are a riot! Congrats!

Staci said...

Oh thank goodnes!! I'm so HAPPY for you guys!! Start packing, although I bet you already are. Hehe. Congrats my friend. Can't wait to follow along.

Shirley H. said...

WONDERFUL NEWS~ Anticipate~~~

Rydley said...

Yes! Finally!!! HUGE Congratulations! She is completely adorable too, of course!

momwithfaithandhope said...

WOO HOO!!! FINALLY!!! Your time has come. Praise the Lord! And boy, Milana is GORGEOUS!!!!!! So very happy for you.

Steve n Coco said...

Tears in my eyes here!! Yeah! Yeah!! YEAH!!! Thank you, heavenly Father. His timing is perfect. Oh my gosh-- SHE IS COMING HOME!!! What a little beauty you have.

Mandarine said...

Congratulations!!!I'm s happy for you!!I hope live This moment too... Milana is so cute...
kisses
miki
http://b-b-decoeur.over-blog.com

Lucky Mama said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Happy tears for your family. She is beautiful BTW

Lisa said...

Whooooo hooooooooooooooooo
!! So many emotions here.....but mostly just incredible joy for you all! She is just beautiful and she's coming home.....I will be following along with happy wishes and many prayers!
Hugs!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

I am doing the happy dance for you! What a long journey, I am so pleased that you finally get to travel. Hooray!

Megan said...

Oh my she is so darn cute! I can't wait to see your first family pictures. I want to wish you the best for a smooth transition. I remember seeing your name on the site so long ago before we picked up Kimi 1/22/09. Reading your pre travel jitters brings back so many memories!
XOXO,
Megan (mom to Kimi)

Jeri said...

Oh, I was so happy to read this! I know you are happier! The next month will fly by. Have fun packing. Have more fun arriving there! :o)

Our Family said...

Congratulations! I am thrilled for you. Loved seeing the photos of your newest addtion. She's gorgeous and I can't wait to hear all about your travels and her joining your family. I think your husband is right about the pop-tarts! We buy the Whole Foods version and both girls love them. The funny thing is Sierra has to take two to school because her friends all want some!

Btw I was extremely disheartened to head about Avatar. That would have been a great opportunity to really showcase Asian actors. Sierra is very upset. She is still not over the whole Miley Cyrus thing.

Anyhow...Good luck! Have a great trip. I am very excited for you!!

Lori

Terry said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! WOO HOO!! YEA!! I Can't believe it! I am sooooooooooooo happy for you! You are finally going to pick her up and hold her! In a MONTH?!!?!?!
WOW! She is adorable -you are amazing and patient! Can't wait til you travel!!
Happy thoughts to you!

Louanne said...

Girl you know I am so excited for you!!! To have travel is the biggest coolest thing. And I had a panic attack I got so excited, so don't worry about it. Whoa, glad when that was over.

She is such a beautiful girl. Can't wait to see those family photos!!!