Sunday, May 10, 2009

Standing Ovation for Mommas!

Whoop Whoop it up for all those mommies, honorary mommies, birthmommies, Grandmommies, Godmommies, Fairy Godmommies in our precious children's minds, foster mommies, Step-mommies, soon to be mommies and anyone who has ever been a mother figure to anyone EVER! You all make this world a much more beautiful brighter place to be. I love mommies of all kind... maybe because of my awesome mother who you have no idea how awesome she really is. She's the kind that Oprah should have as mother of the decade.

For those of you waiting to become mommy... I honor you and hope your dreams come true.
For those of you who cannot be with their birthchildren for one reason or another, I honor you and remember you everyday.
For those of you who take the time to be there for a child, I honor you and know you are a hero.
For all those waiting for a mommy, my heart is with you and may you one day be wrapped in that love.
Much love to all those mommies out there... one of God's greatest creatures ever made.

Adoption news: Tentative dates are mid-June. I'm not posting about the exact days because they aren't for sure and a bit untypical, but I'll take anyday to travel at all! The hold up is... dun, dun, dun dun (drum roll) ... paperwork! ha ha I'm so not kidding you. After a year of waiting June 6th... I swear... this is one very unique journey with it's very own blend of special spicy something every now and then. Ok this paperwork isn't one that is in the hands of myself, FEC, SLC or even the courts.... just papers that are needed to make that all encompassing AIT appt. & will hopefully, prayerfully and with much pleading and begging arrive soon to SLC as in tomorrow. No direct confirmation of final so I guess I can't plaster my mom's day post with Milana pics. I am so restraining myself right now.

Thank you Judy and Sarah K., those thoughtful surprises helped make the waiting a bit sweeter. I wore the necklace all day and it's going to be worn today at church. It is a beautiful handmade necklace with mother-of-pearl circles. Each circle has my children's birthstones, names in English and names in Traditional Characters. A beautiful silver pendant swirls around an Asian bead that looks like a tree branches hugging it's treasure and little birthstone drip from it's branch. Lovin it! Thank you Sarah for your thoughtful gifts & letters for my family as they helped me remain hopeful and cheery. Perfect gifts especially for right now. Thank you.

6 comments:

The Family K. said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, too. I have a feeling that years from now, your kids will be saying the same kinds of things about you that you've written about your mom.

I am shaking my head in disbelief at how many snafus you've hit in your post-referral process. You've definitely raised the bar very high! I'm so glad for you that the end is in sight.

Staci said...

Happy Mommy's Day to you!

Thinking of you and hope the paperwork thing is figured out ASAP!

momwithfaithandhope said...

Happy Mother's Day! Sorry to hear about more paperwork issues, but glad you'll be with your baby soon!!!!

Hugs

Sarah k said...

Hey Sara,
You are most welcome hon, and I am so very glad you loved it all. I know exactly how it feels to be where you are as we have had snafu after snafu for almost 14 months. I am praying really hard that this all ends for us both soon. I love you, you precious wonder!!!

Sarah k

Sarah said...

Link for you: http://hungryintaipei.blogspot.com/2009/05/snapshot-hello-kitty-ramen-at-7-11.html
You'll be counting the 7-11s as you ride by in a Taiwanese taxi pretty soon. :)

Terry said...

Very thoughtful Post! You are an amazing Momma too - Happy (Belated) Mother's Day to you too !