Saturday, May 30, 2009

Preparing and more

Soon.

A very sweet gift from a very thoughtful friend. Thank you, Sarah K.

Congratulations Kole and Nika! Kole just had his preschool graduation and I can not even explain his cuteness during the program... I have to figure out my video software. Nika has just a few more days and she has graduated 3rd grade! Jadyn, she is graduating 3 and wants to be off and running at school already. Funny thing I forgot to mention: Kole's school did mother's day fun and they made portraits of their mother and wrote something about them. One of his school mates wrote... "My mother loves vegetables and alcohol." Alcohol?!@

Well, quick run down. 13 days to go... I'm silly, I count a day ahead (tomorrow) and then leave off Saturday when I leave because I'm going to have to drug myself to get any sleep that night. Too excited. In fact, I'm worse then the kids when it comes to Disneyland and family vacations (go to sleep at 11 or so... eyes just open at 4 am... or worse I am up every hour & then squeezing my eyes trying to pretend to sleep for hours.)

So we know when we are leaving, have tickets for coming back home... hoping all goes well and we can come home as scheduled... praying everything is in order. Hey, at least if something happens... Milana is ours and we'll be together with each other while enjoying ourselves in TW.

Now, we have a little surprise joy; we were offered to Skype with Milana right before we leave. How cool is that!? At first I was terrified... what in the world am I going to say... then it hit me... I never ever run out of things to say! ha ha We'll have a translator and my family is out here for a graduation so one great part... my mom can meet her too and my sister and her children. For the others, I'm video taping it... unless someone knows of a way to tape it on Skype? Anybody? I learned a song in Mandarin... hopefully, I'm brave enough to sing it. I'm going to have a friend check my words first... still trying to prefect some though.

Next, I have been making taxi cards... what else. I have some to restaurants that are fairly American comfort foods and I will post them later this week... sorry that list will be long. If I can figure out a document to download, I will otherwise... get ready for the boom.

Ha ha... I think I've been reading alot of Chinese English because I did spell check and "surprise" came out "supise"... I never leave out "r"s (what English speaking American can't be harsh on those bad-daddies) That's what happens when you scourer the net for travel tidbits.

And lastly, to my waiting friends... may your heart find some comfort and your worries cease and may your little blessings be home in your arms soon. I still feel your pain, I do.

6 comments:

momwithfaithandhope said...

How exciting to SKYPE with Milana before you leave!!! I don't think there's a way to record, so just video tape it, but make sure the screen is clear on the video camera with no funky glare. I can't believe you're down to 13 days. . .I'll bet that "alcohol" that you love will help you sleep through the last night! LOL

So super excited for you. You've been such a cheerleader for the rest of us, so positive, so patient, so kind. Enjoy every minute you have with the 3 monkeys at home. Life it about to change - for the better of course!

Big hugs

Tisra said...

13 days!!! That's, like, NOTHING!!!! Sara- it's happening! I'm so happy for you!!!!!!! This has been super overdue.... but your DAUGHTER'S coming HOME!!!!!!

Tisra
(still no news with us... but our day will come, too)

lorabelle said...

Sara,
You are one of the most up-beat and positive people I have ever met, or well spoken to anyway!
The way you tackle everything that is thrown your way is simply amazing...
I am so excited for you to be with Milana, even if it means that you've got to stay an extra couple of days to get things worked out.

Can't wait to hear how the skype goes. Hopefully you will be able to post it!
It won't be long now sweetie and I hope you know that we are all counting down right along with ya.

Anonymous said...

So exciting that you finally get to hold Milana. She is cute. We are very happy this is finally happening for your family!

Nadine (waiting with FEC)
Emilylinda is our daughter from China

QingLu Mama said...

You will be in Taiwan before you know it!!!! I am so excited for you and cannot wait to see your first REAL family photo! You must be so busy getting ready, which I hope helps to offset the total excitement! That is too cool with the Skype, I bet the whole family is thrilled to "meet" her that way. You'll do fine with the song too I bet, she'll love it cause it's sung by her Mamma!
And happy 10 years to you and hubby! What a great anniversery gift you are getting...Milana!
WooHoo!

ZOverLord said...

I have created a FREE program that does call transfer for ALL versions of Skype windows clients. More here:

Click Here

I also, have created a FREE program that translates Skype chats in 43 different languages as well as speaks Skype chat messages and Skype contact status changes in 10 different languages and a British accent as well. More here:

Click Here

Maybe the Skype translator can help?