Sunday, May 17, 2009

Found the Museum

Eslite ... oooooooh WOW! Okay, we HAVE to go to this Children's Museum and then bookstores and boutiques for kids in the same area. I'm going to have so much fun playing... hopefully Milana will too. Definitely heading to the zoo and taking pics of Milana at different landmarks (of course probably some of my own ideas of landmarks too). Thanks for the ideas.

Determined to find this smile kid learning store. I want to find bilingual books too. Official Website and here's a map


Activities Guide ... would LOVE to go to Formosa Wonder Land... but probably not going to happen. Also wanted to soak up some Peitou. The hardest part is going to be narrowing things down... See, it should not have taken this long to get travel because now I've been looking for so long and so many people have given me great ideas that I have too much itinerary. Don't get me started on what I would love to do in areas besides Taipei.... I'd need a month.

If anyone knows about some Dragon Boat Festival fun, let me know. I know they celebrate it at different times and we will be there the week before June 27, 2009!... official Dragon Boat day this year.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Hi Sara - You have to tell me if you find that Smile Kid Learning Store. I would love to find some children's books written in both Mandarin and English. Happy planning and packing!

Cindy
http://adopttaiwan.wordpress.com

momwithfaithandhope said...

Hi Sara,
I've never heard of the Smile Kid Learning Store, but if you can't find it, try Carrefours - we bought a couple of books for Gracyn there - numbers and letters. FYI, the DVD we bought wouldn't work at home, but maybe our DVD player sucks?! On the laptop it would work but only if I converted the whole machine to Manadarin (one time switch permitted). You're going to have a blast!!! So very happy for you!

Terry said...

WOW, you have been busy! I would love to see the list of places to visit...I'm working on a list too! I bet you have a lot more than I do!
Happy Packing and part of the sink is OK, just not the whole thing! LOL

I very happy for you!! Enjoy!

lorabelle said...

Sounds like you are going to be very busy! It was all a little bit overwhelming for Allie, so we didn't do too much... Hope that Milana wants to check it all out. If she doesn't feel up to it this trip, you can always take her back to visit when she's a little older. We're planning on taking a trip back to take it all in when Allie is closer to 10 years old.
You will have a wonderful time regardless, even if you are stuck in the hotel room! LOL
Can't wait to see your baby girl in your arms.